First Boot?

relwof
Go to solution Solved by Ex0Thermic,

Go into your UFEI (bios) and set correct time and date. select the xmp profile for your memory, check you HDD's & SSD's are seen in the UEFI then exit saving changes.

Tapping F8 during post will bring up a boot menu, where you can select to boot your windows install dvd or pen drive.

if you install windows to the ssd then all programs by default will install to the same drive as windows.
you can go into your user documents once windows is installed and change there save location to your hdd.

So, I'm building my first PC. I need to know what to do when I first press the power button? Do I go into the BIOS? Do I just insert the windows 8.1 disk? Do I need to check everything has been recognised? Do I need to set the RAM to X.M.P(not even sure what that is?)?

The specs:

Corsair 900D Case

Intel 4930K CPU

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition Motherboard

32GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz RAM

Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD

Western Digital Black 4TB

Pioneer Blu-Ray Drive

EVGA GTX 780Ti Dual Classified w/ Hydro-Copper cooler GPU

Corsair RM1000 PSU

Windows 8.1 OS

Akasa Interconnect Pro SD Card Reader

ALSO: Fully watercooled.

And if anyone could inform me of how I could set all programs and Operating System to be stored in the SSD and all files (Documents, Images, Music and Video) to be stored to the HDD? Would I just manually do this or would I be able to change settings?

I will answer any questions to help find answers to my topic!

Many thanks,

Relwof

go into bios, select boot drive (in your case the disk), install windows 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Go into your UFEI (bios) and set correct time and date. select the xmp profile for your memory, check you HDD's & SSD's are seen in the UEFI then exit saving changes.

Tapping F8 during post will bring up a boot menu, where you can select to boot your windows install dvd or pen drive.

if you install windows to the ssd then all programs by default will install to the same drive as windows.
you can go into your user documents once windows is installed and change there save location to your hdd.

Win 10 Pro 64bit| Intel i5-4670k| Corsair H100i| ASUS Maximus VI GENE| 2x8GB PC3-14900 Corsair Vengeance Pro Red| MSI GeForce GTX 1070 | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro SSD| WD 3TB Red | WD Black 3tb | Corsair Obsidian 350D| Corsair AX760 | Dust |

Thanks a bunch! That's helped a lot. :) 

:)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Check in BIOS to make sure your devices are recognised. I.e hard drive, disk drive, right amount of memory etc. Then change the boot priority to disk drive first (if you have set your sata ports up correct this will be right anyway) then boot into windows installer, partition drive and install.... I always recommend creating two partition one for windows and installations and another for your music etc. that way when you want a fresh install of windows your files ain't touched.