Corsair H80/100(non-i) fan controller board pinout for power(gnd and 12v w/ molex) and "sense"(single wire w/ 4-pin header).

Hello guys. I accidentally detached the 3 wires from fan/pump controller board and I dont know which wire to solder to where because apart from the wires are all black, there are no any labels/text on solder points. I've tried searching for datasheets but non of them has the "exploded diagram" or alike information that I'm looking for.

GwEntDa.jpg

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to say it's probably a good idea to post a couple of pics otherwise it will be hard for anyone to know what you're talking about @Michael . Oh, an follow your own topics, otherwise you won't know if someone replied unless they mention you like I did.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to say it's probably a good idea to post a couple of pics otherwise it will be hard for anyone to know what you're talking about @Michael . Oh, an follow your own topics, otherwise you won't know if someone replied unless they mention you like I did.

ok. thanks for advice. :) 

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

Wait and see if you can get someone with one on hand to give you an answer for sure but if no one can give you more info I would deduce:

On the molex pin 1 is 12V and pin 2 is ground then the fan headers wire will be sense, on the board side I would assume the contact point with the square surround is ground because it will likely be attached to the ground plane rather then a tracer, I cant see very well with that picture but you could confirm if that point was connected to a large area of copper rather then a small copper track. Then for the other two wires there are two possibilities (well no duh but I have two hypotheses too ;)) if it follows fan header standards the middle contact would be 12V and the final (top one in the picture) would be sense however it would probably be more likely that the 3 wires would be all soldered in order rather then twisting two at the last moment and by the looks of that picture the sense wire is in the middle? again you would be able to see better then me. If you are at all familiar with electronics too you could follow the tracers to see where they end up, the 12V one will likely lead to some sort of regulator while the sense is more likely to feed off a chip but may have a FET or similar in between, you can also check the chips datasheets to see if a 12V rail should be connected to said point or if its something else (hopefully a sense pin ;)).

To surmise;

Ground will be connected to the contact that is on a large copper plane.

12V and sense will either follow standard fan header layout or more likely be in order of the 3 pin cable once you've determined where ground connects.

I've got to admit I'm curious as to how you accidently detached that too lol :D

@Grrizz Thanks! All I need to know is the square one (which I didn't know before) is for ground and since the 3 wires are fused together, it makes sense that middle is for 12v and the last one is for sense. Just to be sure, I sanded down a bit of paint around the square copper contact and expose more copper instead of copper trace which leads that the square is connected to the large copper plane!.. :)

As for why its been detached, the first 2 wires are barely connected to the board(maybe because I'm tinkering with it to try to fix the rattling noise on the pump and unknowingly kinked the wires much) and I decided to desolder all 3 wires to strip them properly and I forgot to take any pictures first. :(

Thanks again! :)

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG