Ram compatibility - mixed ram brands from factory?!

Nafanya

Hello, my old laptop (Acer Aspire 8930g) could use an upgrade. 4gb feel barely adequate these days. So I checked the maximum supported memory... ...And it's 6GB, damn! I was expecting at least 8GB.

Oh well, gotta roll with the cards I've been dealt. My plan is the same as always. Buy used hardware, resell your old parts. This way the upgrade pays for itself and you just have to add a tiny bit more. Or so I thought. This plan may not work this time around. Because 6gb so-dimm (laptop ram) combos are rare as hell. This is the only auction with what I want, on ALL OF the german ebay. You've got to be kidding me!

http://www.ebay.de/itm/6-GB-So-DDR3-RAM-Elpida-Laptop-Ram-/121411059880?pt=DE_Technik_Computerzubeh%C3%B6r_Arbeitsspeicher&hash=item1c44a9c0a8

Anyways, here is what's wrong. The description claims both sticks are made by Elpida, but if you look closely, one is a Hynix (2gb). The seller says both sticks are from the same notebook. Googling the numbers on the stickers doesn't return a result. I've seen different capacities mixed beofore (1gb & 2gb,  2gb & 4gb), but never different manufacturers, from factory! I'd love to stay away from this, but the price is right and there are literally no other options. Do yo think this is legit? Almost forgot to add that going with 2x 4gb sticks won't work. Laptop simply won't start, according to Acer forums.

P.S.: I've attached a photo of proper mixed capacity matching ram, just for comparison.

post-25340-0-67922100-1408100067_thumb.j

post-25340-0-67922100-1408100067_thumb.j