Matt's first computer build. My new baby

Bazza888

Okay so I have been wanting to upgrade form my 2600K 2x GTX 570's for a while now and I have wanted to build my own PC.

So here it is. Lets start with the Specs then dive into all the delicious pics..

OC my CPU to 4.7ghz @1.25v

I was going to have 2 XSPX temp gauges on the front of my case but when I went to try them... The first one had no display on it and the second one started smoking up so I vetoed that pretty quick

Main Components:

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T

GPU: XFX Radeon R9 290x

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero 

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Black 1866mHz (4x4GB)

PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum 

SSD: Samsung 840GB pro Series 256GB

HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black

Accessories:

Asus ROG OC panel

Noctua NF 12 and 14 2000RPM

NZXT FZ 140mm Red

NZXT 200cm red sleeved LED cable

XSPC 3mm and 5mm LED's

Samsung external CD drive

ASUS PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless AC1900 PCI-E Adapter

Water Cooling:

XSPC 280mm Rad

XSPC 360mm Rad

XSPC GPU water block and backplate

XSPC Raystorm CPU waterblock

XSPC D5 photon pump res combo

Primochill White 3/8ID 5/8OD

XSPC Compression fittings 

Yes I am now realizing my water cooling is very XSPC orientated lol..

NOW TO THE FUN PART...

I have many more photos but lets keep this basic

bdjn2v.jpg

Stripped out my case of all stock fans and hard drive cages etc etc

2en0201.jpg

Most major components installed... minor modifications needed to install the res.. drilled a few holes in the motherboard tray but all in all wasn't too hard at all...

nwc51e.jpg

Ok so with my cooling loop was a pretty straight forward except for the top radiator to the front radiator. I decided to go behind the motherboard tray because i trialed through the case and I HATED the look of it.

OKAY GLAMOUR SHOT TIME OF THE FINAL PRODUCT.

I had to wait weeks and weeks for the red sleeved ATX cable which was frustrating and my USB wireless receiver decided to take a dump so i had to order a PCI-E Wireless receiver.

2qmixj9.jpg

10gfe45.jpg

34gk5c0.jpg

fmigb4.jpg

6pcdix.jpg

34o7sc9.jpg

155oqcz.jpg

34nkth5.jpg

5ketg8.jpg

244z23n.jpg

xbbbwh.jpg

NICE, love me a watercooled build

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Daaaaamn, really like that built! ^^ huge fan of XSPC watercooling stuff :D

Edit: also, weird (but cool) combination with the white tubing and red lights. I might steal that idea... ;)

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

It would look better with white LEDs IMHO but that is

a very impressive first build that you've got there man

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Daaaaamn, really like that built! ^^ huge fan of XSPC watercooling stuff :D

Edit: also, weird (but cool) combination with the white tubing and red lights. I might steal that idea... ;)

Thanks a lot for the feedback. My thought process behind the white tubing was trying to bring of the case color scheme inside.. didn't want the outside of the case to be completely separate

It would look better with white LEDs IMHO but that is

a very impressive first build that you've got there man

I would actually have to agree with you there. white probably would have looked better but my fav color is red and i wanted to continue with the ROG color scheme but thanks a lot for the feedback :)

Looks really nice build mate but I feel that there is a bit too much red!

Life.exe is missing

Looks really nice build mate but I feel that there is a bit too much red!

I thought someone would pick up on this... To be honest in reality the glow isn't that strong a predominate throughout the case. I borrowed my mates photography camera so I could mess around with the settings cause my phone just wasn't cutting it when it came to taking photos of LED's .. I am NOT by any means a photographer LOL... In person they are very subtle glows.