Bit of Help with CPU

Ok well I am still debating which Card to get but I think first and fore most I should find out about what my CPU is capable of, I don't want to over spend on GPU if It won't yield any positive results, and I don't want to underspend either.

I am also contemplating on getting this motherboard - http://www.ebuyer.com/363737-asus-p8z77-m-z77-socket-1155-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-motherboard-p8z77-m

I am unsure what to do with Haswell, weather to skip on the MB n wait for it or jus get the board n not bother with it, Essentially what I am saying is I do not want to change the CPU if I can avoid it, because to get an upgrade from the one I have now will involve spending £200+, something I don't have. . . So back to the core question . . . What GPU would you recommend for a i5 2300. . . I don't really know anything about overclocking, and probably wouldn't consider it unless I get the Asus MB. . . But yeah, I've looked at all sorts of GPU's from 7850s to 660s to 7950's, but what would you recommend for an i5 2300?

I know this is essentially a GPU question, but I dunno, whatever. . . . The CPU has a Arctic Cooler on it and also got 8GB ram. Will be playin on one display in 1080.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Ok well I am still debating which Card to get but I think first and fore most I should find out about what my CPU is capable of, I don't want to over spend on GPU if It won't yield any positive results, and I don't want to underspend either.

I am also contemplating on getting this motherboard - http://www.ebuyer.com/363737-asus-p8z77-m-z77-socket-1155-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-motherboard-p8z77-m

I am unsure what to do with Haswell, weather to skip on the MB n wait for it or jus get the board n not bother with it, Essentially what I am saying is I do not want to change the CPU if I can avoid it, because to get an upgrade from the one I have now will involve spending £200+, something I don't have. . . So back to the core question . . . What GPU would you recommend for a i5 2300. . . I don't really know anything about overclocking, and probably wouldn't consider it unless I get the Asus MB. . . But yeah, I've looked at all sorts of GPU's from 7850s to 660s to 7950's, but what would you recommend for an i5 2300?

I know this is essentially a GPU question, but I dunno, whatever. . . . The CPU has a Arctic Cooler on it and also got 8GB ram. Will be playin on one display in 1080.

What games/applications will you be running? And what do you expect from them (ie. high settings)?

Hmm yeah fairly high, I want it to look better than my PS3 anyway . . . BF, Farcry, Crysis 3? . . . Ok not asking much . . . Mainly will be for that shizzle. 

I just wanna know what's the bottleneck limit for this CPU. . . If someone can throw out some ideas then that would be great. . . Obviously a GTX Titan is out of the question, I don't wanna spend more than £250, well I didn't wanna spend more than £200 a week ago, but then I considered putting the budget up n then thought, well is it worth putting the budget up if I'd get the same results spending £200. . . ie. 660. . . So that's lead me to here.

Frame rate above 30 would be nice. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

For that cpu, any card that you can afford is fine, and don't get a new mobo if you already have one, a z77 mobo won't unlock overclocking to a point where it's viable.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Ah right that's cool, was just worried if I went and bought a 7950 my CPU could end up being the bottleneck . . . (Yes I'm a noob) . . . Ok coool, thanks. 

It will be fine, save the money from the mobo and throw it at gpu power, you will not regret it.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

my advice is get yourself a PNY GTX660 not a great cooler on the card, but it sells for under £150,

Alternatively you could get yourself a 560TI off ebay for around £80-100 and save the money toward an haswell or even a AMD if you are just going to use it for gaming and none CPU intensive stuff.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

This is the one that's really taken my fancy - http://www.waeplus.co.uk/item/182750/Radeon-HD-7870-DirectCU-II---2-GB-GDDR5?ref=gooad&gclid=CIW4k676sbcCFVMftAodMHAA9A

I've seen some people here say the 660 isn't that great, and neither is the 7850. Still, nothing's set in stone now. . . But good to know the CPU will be decent enough whatever I pick.

with the direct Cu2 u can overclock the card also, i would recommend that 7870

CPU : i5 3570k @ 4.2                  CPU COOLER : H100i                  GPU  Asus 780ti DC2            PSU: CX750M
GPU  Asus 780ti DC2                  MOTHERBOARD: MSI z77a g43   CASE: Coolermaster Xm
Soundcard: XONAR DG              SSD: Crucial m5 120 gb                HDD: WD green 1tb

First of all, I don't see why people always get afraid of "Bottlenecking", every system is bottlenecked somewhere, and a i5 will do fine with a 680 / 7970 for sure.

From the choices you have listed, stick with the 7950, you will even get some awesome games for free. probably the best fps / £ you can get.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...