Blue screen of death. I opened the dump files:

felixthemaster1

I have been getting these occasionally for a while now, even before my new SSD and GPU. I googled the code and I was led to believe it was my RAM so I ran windows tests and there was nothing wrong with it. I just finished installing memtest and I can have a crack at it but when I found this software to open dump files, I noticed something very interesting...

cDT2Cr3.png

ATI radeon ? IS that the cause? Can't just be my GPU since it started happening before my new GPU and I know there are no left over drivers since I installed windows on the new SSD I got with the GPU, What is going on here?

Thanks 

If it says its your GPU driver then its your GPU driver.

If it says its your GPU driver then its your GPU driver.

How do I fix this? Cuz  clearly the problem stayed even through different drivers on different drives with different GPUs. Are AMD drivers that bad?

How do I fix this? Cuz  clearly the problem stayed even through different drivers on different drives with different GPUs. Are AMD drivers that bad?

Generally no, Im kind of at a loss for this. I guess try re installing them? Are you using beta drivers

Generally no, Im kind of at a loss for this. I guess try re installing them? Are you using beta drivers

Nope, just normal. Going to update to the latest now.

Are you overclocking?

A GPU driver crash doesn't mean it was the driver's fault, but rather some component in the graphics subsystem.

You can download the latest AMD GPU driver's from here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Once you have the latest driver, please report back with any other crashes. Also is it crashing in games, while watching videos, or is it 'random'?

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Are you overclocking?

A GPU driver crash doesn't mean it was the driver's fault, but rather some component in the graphics subsystem.

You can download the latest AMD GPU driver's from here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Once you have the latest driver, please report back with any other crashes. Also is it crashing in games, while watching videos, or is it 'random'?

Nope, haven't touched it. And the crashes are not predictable so I guess I will know in a few days. It crashes when I'm normally using my computer (VLC playing on one monitor, chrome open with a few tabs on the other with probably skype running and me opening a file or something in 2 windows explorer windows). Often happens in the middle of me doing something. 

Now that I think about it, it happened a coupel of time when i was just watching something so I guess it really is unpredictable and just random

Nope, haven't touched it. And the crashes are not predictable so I guess I will know in a few days. It crashes when I'm normally using my computer (VLC playing on one monitor, chrome open with a few tabs on the other with probably skype running and me opening a file or something in 2 windows explorer windows). Often happens in the middle of me doing something. 

Now that I think about it, it happened a coupel of time when i was just watching something so I guess it really is unpredictable and just random

What is the specs of your rig? Including PSU.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

What is the specs of your rig? Including PSU.

System

• CPU
    i5 2500K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z77A-GD55
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengence low profile 2x4GB
  • GPU
    MSI Twin Frozr R9 290x
  • Case
    Zalman Z11 plus
  • Storage
    WD Black, Seagate Barracuda, Seagate Green, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
  • PSU
    Corsair HX650
  • Display(s)
    2x LG23EA63
  • Cooling
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo
  • Keyboard
    Qpad MK-85 MX Reds
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Hex (sadly)
  • Sound
    Creative Sound Blaster Z
  • Operating System
    Win 7

Ok. After updating to the latest AMD drivers for your GPU use a utility like MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperature of the GPU. 

Try playing a game and see to what temperature the GPU spikes at.

Ok. After updating to the latest AMD drivers for your GPU use a utility like MSI Afterburner to monitor the temperature of the GPU. 

Would that be useful? I never took a reading before. I downloaded HW monitor and temps at idle are 40-50. 

Ill play some bfbc2 and reporting back with max temps

lsY6LhI.png

Keep in mind, it is quite chilly in my room.

Use AIDA64... you've an obvious voltage error reading at 12 V (the pc wouldn't turn on...)

Also are you using 14.x drivers?

Driver Packaging Version 14.20.1004-140709a-173735E

Yep

And I am lost as to what to do with this. Where is my GPU? where are the temps?

3PjAy1Q.png

Try switching back to 13.12

Also for voltages and temps in AIDA64 go to Computer->sensor

It's been stuck at this for a while now, not sure whether i should force close or wait.

and I don't know if the new update worked or not yet, next time i get the blue screen I'll know it didn't.

zeBx9M0.png

Try switching back to 13.12

Also for voltages and temps in AIDA64 go to Computer->sensor

8Cd0A7Y.png

Yeah... you'd error reading on HW, IK you've trial version of aida64 but look at +5V, it's a fair value.

also if you want to try with 13.12 uninstall all GPU drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous/detail?os=Windows%207%20-%2064&rev=13.12#amd-catalyst-packages

Okay, I will post in this thread when I get the next blue screen. thanks.