Help choosing display? 1080p TV vs. 900p Monitor?

Hello! Currently I am using a 24 inch 1080p monitor, with nothing special on it, but I am okay with it. I do quite a bit of video and photo work, and a secondary display would be amazing. Currently I am deciding between an Insignia 24 inch 1080p TV, or an Asus 1600 x 900 Monitor. I don't really need any special features on a monitor other than it being above 20 inch and being 1080p, both at the same price. The TV would be my go-to, but I was wondering if it was okay sitting on my desk as a monitor. If not, another option is to wait for another monitor to go on sale at the store.

Help appreciated, thanks!

just get something at 144p if u sit far enough away it will look just like 4k

Git Gud.

I would get something that is the same size / resolution just because having different size monitors before bothered my OCD and made finding wallpapers a pain

OAS || AAS || LLS

What's your budget? those are both horrible choices...

basically a no-budget.

I'm buying from some store downtown, but its like $50 for each.

I would get something that is the same size / resolution just because having different size monitors before bothered my OCD and made finding wallpapers a pain

yeah ikr

I wish they had them back in stock at the same price...

just get something at 144p if u sit far enough away it will look just like 4k

1440p would be a dream O.o

+1 for this

insignia makes terrible TV's and having monitors that are not the same resolution gets aggravating very fast

Hm...

Well I suppose they are really bad. Would you rather just wait for a better monitor to be on sale?

I'd spend a little more and get this

Thanks!

I'll look into it, seems like the better choice. :D

My friend has been using a "1080p" TV as a monitor for the past few months, but he can only run it at 1366x768. If he changes it to the recommended 1080p then everything just looks like garbage and not crisp at all. the most crisp resolution is what he is running it currently. I don't know if its his graphics card being too old (GTX 465) or the tv panel itself doing some weird trickery, but I would suggest you get a computer monitor for your computer, because that way you would know for sure the resolution is what it claims to be, and it should work without any hiccups on your pc. 

that wasn't a typo...

Pretty sure I meant 144p

144p is nice too, but I'm thinking to go more or so 240p.

144p is nice too, but I'm thinking to go more or so 240p.

360p is too hard to drive with my Titan Z. I would stick with 144p or 240p for sure.

Git Gud.

360p is too hard to drive with my Titan Z. 

Probably because you got a Titan Z instead of two r9 295x2 :P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

360p is too hard to drive with my Titan Z. I would stick with 144p or 240p for sure.

If I push it I may be able to get some decent frame rates on minesweeper at 360p, but solitaire is impossible to play at 360p.

Probably because you got a Titan Z instead of two r9 295x2 :P

Yeah I'll try an AMD build for crossfire r9 295x2 at 360p see if I can get up to 60fps

Git Gud.