PC for gaming, streaming and video editing

Hello, as it says in the title I am buying a new pc and would like some advice on a few things since this will be my first pc I will try and build from scratch on my own.

1. Budget & Location

My budget for the case is 1400+/- EUR, I live in Slovenia, 5min from the border to Austria and since computer parts there are like 20% cheaper I will buy them there.

2. Aim

The main purpose of this pc will be playing and streaming games. Allso video capturing the footage and video editing (sony vegas and after effects). Pc will be allso used for web browsing and movies.

3. Monitors

At the start I will have 2 monitors (main: BenQ RL2455HM 24" , side: Samsung SyncMaster SA350 27") In the future I will meybe buy a bigger desk and will have room for 3 monitors.

4. Peripherals

Yes, but this 1400EUR budget is only for the pc case.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I want to start streaming and video editing and my current laptop is too weak for that. (i3, 4gb ram, gt540m 1gb....)

As I decided for this  I had no idea of computers, on which parts to choose, what company is better etc.... but i watched a loot of guides and read a lot of forums so I understand things a little now. I reasarched a lot and found that from Slovenia and Austria this store is the cheapest: http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/index.php  I don't like ordering ower the web, and since this store is like 30min by car away from me I will just drive there and pick up the components myself.

This is how I imagined the pc would look like:

Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING S1150 € 129.40 http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=156105

CPU: INTEL Core i7-4770K 3.50GHZ boxed € 289.00 http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=155631

GPU: MSI N780 TF 3GD5/OC Twin Frozr Gaming, GeForce GTX 780, 3GB € 449.00 http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=158452

RAM: Kingston 16GB 2133MHz DDR3 CL11 DIMM (Kit of 2) XMP Beast € 164.40 http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=158330

SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Evo Series 500GB SSD SATA3 6Gb/s Basic € 209.00 http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=159969

Case: COOLER MASTER HAF Tower Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP o.N. € 120.49 http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=127968

Power: Corsair CX750 750W (V3) ATX 2.3 € 76.86 http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=139515

All together: € 1438.15

I have a couple of questions:

1. Do the components above match eachother?

2. What do you think of this configuration? What would you change?

3. Is this graphic card good enough for streaming, video editing and gaming with 2 monitors, meybe eaven 3?

4. Is the power supply good enough for those components? I have no clue about power supplys...

5. I dont plan to owerclock anything, that said do I still need an additional cooling for this pc? and what?

I will take every advice in consideration, thank you for reading this long post,

Josh

Change the 4770K to 4790K ;)

Sorry for terrible English, I'm Norwegian   :D

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz | Motherboard: Old MSI Thing | RAM: 2x4GB | GPU: Old Nvidia 8800 GT Card | Case: Old Antex Thing THAT IS F*CKING luod! | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO + 2x 80GB Western Digital | PSU: Old Blonze Plus 500W | Cooling: Stock Fans
CPU: | Motherboard: | RAM: A | GPU: | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Arctic White | Storage: A | PSU: | Cooling: A
Headphones: HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset | Speakers: Logitech Speaker System Z323
Displays: 2x BenQ 24" LED GL2450HE (on a AX Double Monitor Stand (AXM4100) | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 + Razer Manticor (and sometimes Corsair MM600)
Old/Reserve Pheripherals: SteelSeries Frost Blue Gaming Gear (Headset, Mousepad and Mouse) Webcam: Micosoft LiveCam Studio Business | Consoles: Wii + Play Station 3 + Play Station 4

Well this looks decent in my eyes. I would get an aftermarket CPU cooler for sure just to keep everything quiet. The parts seem to match in my eyes but you can always check on PCpartpicker.com To be honest this isn't necessary for streaming and gaming but having more oompf is always better. Personally I would add an HDD just to store all your stuff, you can buy a smaller SSD and use the saved up money to buy an HDD and an After Market CPU cooler. That Graphics card is quite powerful for what you are doing.

Change the 4770K to 4790K ;)

If he does that he also should change to a Z97 which adds expense but not a bad idea.

sorry, i tried to do an pcpartpicker link but its not working atm for some reason.

get an FX-8350.

get an NH-D14.

get an 990FXA-UD3.

get cheaper ram. are you sure you need 16gb?

get another case, for example the H440.

get an rm550.

get whatever gpu fits your budget, preferably evga.

1. yes, they do match.

2. look above.

3. streaming and video editing mostly depens on your cpu. which games? a single 780 on three screens? no. you dont want to play on two screens.

4. its good enough, but change it to an rm550.

5. you need cooling. NH-D14.

If you do change 4770k to 4790k you have to change motherboard also (maybe upgrading bios will let it support 4970k but still i'dd upgrade it...) and dont want you HDD?

Answer to questions:
1. Well yes. I would change motherboard I guess.. to "Gigabyte G1.SNIPER Z97" if you're doing 4970k, there is Z87 version also.. look it up from google... this board has decent sound card, so it should sound good and the price range should still be the same
2. Kinda doubting you need 16gb ram but if you're really editing I guess it's fine...
3. You cannot really game with 2 monitor... Nothing really support 2 monitor... only 3 lol... atleast Eyefinity or Nvidia's surround doesn't support gaming with 2 monitor... of course you can like game on one and dunno.. watching movie from another...  but making 2 screen into 1 is to my knowledge impossible? correct me if im wrong and for driving 2 1080p monitor the card should be more than enough (if you have money buy 780 ti, otherwise you might want to consider AMD's r290 (look up the benchmark and etc... the performance is similiar while costing a bit less)
4. yea 750w should be enough even for OC (nothing extreme of course)

5. yes!!!!!!!!!! stock cooler is a waste of metal trust me... so buy a cheap cpu cooler like Hyper 212 Evo, but seriously if you aren't OC:ing dont buy "K" series, it's a  waste of money... go for 4970 or 4770 without "K" and get Hyper 212 Evo and you gona save money...

just a bit of note tho... if you are going with "Gigabyte G1.SNIPER Z97", it doesn't support SLI or Crossfire... so consider it also... if you want to later on the road to do SLI or Crossfire you gona need another motherboard

PLEASE QUOTE OR TAG (WITH @) ME IF YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT ME TO REPLY!!!!!!!

Also if your issue is solved don't forget to mark the thread as solved!
Peace!!! from a random person in the tech's god forsaken land (named Finland or as I like to call it sarcastically FUNland)

If you are not ocing you could get a none K i7 and use a h81 or b85 board, or h97 if using the newer 4690

If you will oc get a z97 board and 4790k

overclocking or not, get a better cooler even a cheap EVO or dark rock pro will be a good idea!

Everything else looks great :) the PSU will be fine, and that is a great GPU for 1080p gaming

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Upgrade to a 4790k and a z97 board. I would also recommend an h100i to cool the cpu, but only if you plan to overclock. if you dont, then pick up something like a corsair h55

Currently spending money on parts

sorry, i tried to do an pcpartpicker link but its not working atm for some reason.

get an FX-8350.

get an NH-D14.

get an 990FXA-UD3.

get cheaper ram. are you sure you need 16gb?

get another case, for example the H440.

get an rm550.

get whatever gpu fits your budget, preferably evga.

1. yes, they do match.

2. look above.

3. streaming and video editing mostly depens on your cpu. which games? a single 780 on three screens? no. you dont want to play on two screens.

4. its good enough, but change it to an rm550.

5. you need cooling. NH-D14.

As someone that loves AMD becasue they havbe amazing prices there is one problem with AMD, it it's consistent. Sometimes it is equal to the srtenght of an Intel BUT rarely better. For video editing having a bit more RAM is ok and it certainly is better rather than worse. Since he ius a streamer I believe he will play on one screen and have the stream etc. on the other screen. THe 780 can easily handle that.

1. yes

2. look below

3. yes

4. yes, but it is kinda low quality

5. you should overclock anyways

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (€33.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€110.00) 
Memory: Kingston Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€137.81 @ Hardwareversand) 
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€113.28 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€45.00 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 290 4GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card  (€386.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €1334.84
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 17:56 CEST+0200

For some reason de PCP doesn't have Z97 or Haswell refresh, but you get the point

get an FX-8350.

get an NH-D14.

get an 990FXA-UD3.

those are really bad suggestions since he can afford intel and the 8350 by itself is a waste of money since you can just get a 8320

If you are not going to overclock then I would suggest a locked cpu (non-K) and an H97 motherboard. I would also suggest a different case, better gpu and psu. The memory I suggest below is a bit of an indulgence. I picked it because it looks good and has decent timings and speed.

From e-tec.at:

post-44627-0-10518600-1407947397.png

post-44627-0-10518600-1407947397.png

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

As someone that loves AMD becasue they havbe amazing prices there is one problem with AMD, it it's consistent. Sometimes it is equal to the srtenght of an Intel BUT rarely better. For video editing having a bit more RAM is ok and it certainly is better rather than worse. Since he ius a streamer I believe he will play on one screen and have the stream etc. on the other screen. THe 780 can easily handle that.

did you even read the first post?

so what are you saying with amd? i dont understand a single word. 8350 is amazing for streaming.

sure, more ram doesnt hurt, but its more expensive.

those are really bad suggestions since he can afford intel and the 8350 by itself is a waste of money since you can just get a 8320

he doesnt want to overclock, so its not a waste of money.

the 8350 can beat the 4790k in streaming applications.

he would be better of investing the money elsewhere.

sure, but he should anyways

but in everything else the 4790K is better

if he wanted to save money then he should get an 8320

sure, but he should anyways

but in everything else the 4790K is better

if he wanted to save money then he should get an 8320

that doesnt make sense. he wont, so you cant argue that he should get the 8320 because the 8350 is just an overclocked 8320.

he will be gaming, video editing and streaming. for editing and streaming the 8350 is better most of the time, for gaming the 4790k. but just a little. and it is way more expensive.

he will be gaming, video editing and streaming. for editing and streaming the 8350 is better most of the time, for gaming the 4790k. but just a little. and it is way more expensive.

the only part that it might be a little better would be streaming, the i7 beats it everywhere else

The 4790k is going to be better in streaming applications.

If he doesn't want to overclock, the 4790 would probably be even better due to the differences between how turbo cores are implemented between AMD and Intel. 

Error: 410

in some applications the 8350 is still better, of course, in general the 4790 is better.

but the 4790 is also double the price, and at that budget, it is not worth it.

tek syndicate tested the 8350 once and said it was better than the 4770k for streaming if i remember correctly.

in some applications the 8350 is still better, of course, in general the 4790 is better.

but the 4790 is also double the price, and at that budget, it is not worth it.

tek syndicate tested the 8350 once and said it was better than the 4770k for streaming if i remember correctly.

The cost differential is not "double". PCPartPicker.com is showing the FX-8350 at ~US$180 and the i7-4790 at ~US$290 or about 60% more. But cpu cost is not the sole cost differential. One may also want to take into account the fact that the FX-8350 is realistically limited to ATX while the i7 can be fit into mITX, mATX, ATX and other formats.

There is nothing wrong with choosing AMD cpu. But I don't think one should ignore the performance differential.

Hei, thank you all for the advice. I read all the posts and made a new configuration.

comp1.png

The price is a little more expansive, but if the computer will have better performance I am willing to pay 100 eur more.

I still have acouple of qestions:

1. What is the difference betwen these 2 graphic cards? 

MSI Radeon R9 290X Gaming 4096MB DDR5 512bit PCI-E x16 2x DV http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=167324

MSI N780 TF 3GD5/OC Twin Frozr Gaming, GeForce GTX 780, 3GB http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=158452

I allways though that Radeon graphic cards work better with AMD processors and Nvidia with Intel. Since I prefer Intel processors I chose an Nvidia graphic card, but in your advices I saw that you sugjested radeon graphic cards with i7 processors. Are they better? And why? Would I rather get the radeon GPU  instead of Nvidia in this configuration?

2. Is this power supply better that the previous one? Do you have any other in mind that would be better and why? But it must cost under 100 EUR.

3. Is the cooling ok?

4. Do you have any other cases in mind that are cheeper but quite big like this one? It has gotten qute expansive for me and I would like to save somey here and there...

Sorry for the grammar mistakes, am not an native english speaking person :)

Josh

Hei, thank you all for the advice. I read all the posts and made a new configuration.

comp1.png

The price is a little more expansive, but if the computer will have better performance I am willing to pay 100 eur more.

MSI Radeon R9 290X Gaming 4096MB DDR5 512bit PCI-E x16 2x DV http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=167324

MSI N780 TF 3GD5/OC Twin Frozr Gaming, GeForce GTX 780, 3GB http://www.e-tec.at/frame1/details.php?art=158452

I allways though that Radeon graphic cards work better with AMD processors and Nvidia with Intel. Since I prefer Intel processors I chose an Nvidia graphic card, but in your advices I saw that you sugjested radeon graphic cards with i7 processors. Are they better? And why? Would I rather get the radeon GPU  instead of Nvidia in this configuration?

2. Is this power supply better that the previous one? Do you have any other in mind that would be better and why? But it must cost under 100 EUR.

3. Is the cooling ok?

4. Do you have any other cases in mind that are cheeper but quite big like this one? It has gotten qute expansive for me and I would like to save somey here and there...

Josh

They are made by different manufacturers and companies. The r9 290x performs better than the gtx 780 . If you can, go with the 290x because the 780 is just a level lower. Also, that case isnt the best choice for the price... i would go with a Phanteks case, like the enthoo pro, or for the same price the enthoo luxe.

3. Is the cooling ok?

Josh

1. The R9 290X is generally a better performing gpu than the GTX 780. There is no direct benefit in using an AMD gpu with an AMD cpu or Nvidia with Intel. Nor is there any penalty for using an AMD gpu with an Intel cpu. (Historically AMD gpu design and manufacturing was done by a company called ATI which was bought by AMD.)
  2. Yes the psu is quite good.
  3. Yes. However, the memory modules are not optimal for use with this cooler. If a module is installed in the first memory slot the cooler fan will have to be raised about 5 mm - presuming there is room in the case.

The cost differential is not "double". PCPartPicker.com is showing the FX-8350 at ~US$180 and the i7-4790 at ~US$290 or about 60% more. But cpu cost is not the sole cost differential. One may also want to take into account the fact that the FX-8350 is realistically limited to ATX while the i7 can be fit into mITX, mATX, ATX and other formats.

There is nothing wrong with choosing AMD cpu. But I don't think one should ignore the performance differential.

hm, for me in germany its double.

that is very true! i had problems with that myself. but realisticaly people dont change their motherboard without changing their cpu, unless its a extremely high end cpu.