Cleaning method is dangerous?

SuperFluffyBunny

So I was just re-watching some old videos, including this one: http://youtu.be/YfcYPyxXVCo?t=1m41s

I have been using a hoover to suck up the dust from my PC, at least 2 times a month for the last year.
I open the side of the case and sucks the dust from the motherboard and components very carefully.
I don't use any kind if brush because i thought it would build up with static.

I use this cleaning method on pretty much everything and including on other peoples equipment where needed.

Linus said that you can use a hoover, providing it has a blow function and not a suck function. Apparently, if you suck dust up, it can cause static to build at the "tip". So... I am assuming the tips of the solder and/or the components?

I don't plan to change my ways of cleaning because of one comment any time soon, though I never really thought about this "problem" before.

Can someone explain this constructively with some evidence or something?

Edit:

If I lightly brush my hand over the components after the cleaning process, is this a safe way to defuse any static that might have built up?

If someone finds some sort of sciency guide as to why it is dangerous, let me see. I like all that jazz :3

When you suck up the dust, it can build up static by friction which can discharge into your components, which are all grounded and therefore a likeley target. I personally have vacuumed my PC before and never had any problems but i switched to compressed air and i am sure you will too once you will actually damage something. But for the most part it works too.

who cares...

Using a vacuum causes a static build up on the hose. This can be VERY dangerous to you PC components. This is the reason why you should use compressed air, or a blower system.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

I used this to clean my older PCs... But now, I'm using a mix of this and some compressed air action...

Still, I work barefoot and I am touching the nozzle so there are no untoward incidents...