LG G2 vs. Galaxy Note 3

So basically I'm upgrading from my old iPhone 4, and the phone needs to last me to the end of High School (2 more years). These are the only high end options I can choose from right now, and I want to know what you guys think.

Basically I'm a very light user, I pretty much only use my phone to check messages, watch YouTube videos, and browse the web when I'm at school. I also use my phone's camera for recording alot of videos.  So what one do you guys think has a better user interface/ ease of use and battery life? For someone who rarely uses their phone, I don't want to have to jump through hoops to install apps or record a video, plus I want something that can at least last a day on battery life.

P.S. The G2 is also brand new, while the Galaxy Note is refurbished. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I thought I should mention it.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

In my opinion a brand new G2 will be a good purchase for you, man.

I don't feel that safe buying a refurbished products, especially smartphones, random stuff can happen.

Spoiler

The G2 has the worst Android skin I have used. But it preforms well. 

The note has a big screen. But the G2 will exceed with battery life by a lot. 

I think the G2 is the better option.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

In my opinion a brand new G2 will be a good purchase for you, man.

I don't feel that safe buying a refurbished products, especially smartphones, random stuff can happen.

Alright, thanks guys! I was leaning towards the G2, I just needed another opinion, considering I know next to nothing about phones :P  

Agreed. Visual-wise Note 3 is a big winner, but battery-wise and usage I think G2 will be better

Spoiler

Touchwiz is much worse.

G2 is better though! :D

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

i love my g2. fuck afk watching a movie on it dat screen.

Honestly I would get the note. The g2 Is a good phone but spec wise the note3 is slightly faster and has more ram. And the note has a micro SD and a removable battery so you can get a bigger battery, like the 10k may zerlemon battery.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Touchwiz is much worse.

G2 is better though! :D

The G2s problem is that everything is ugly. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

So basically I'm upgrading from my old iPhone 4, and the phone needs to last me to the end of High School (2 more years). These are the only high end options I can choose from right now, and I want to know what you guys think.

Basically I'm a very light user, I pretty much only use my phone to check messages, watch YouTube videos, and browse the web when I'm at school. I also use my phone's camera for recording alot of videos.  So what one do you guys think has a better user interface/ ease of use and battery life? For someone who rarely uses their phone, I don't want to have to jump through hoops to install apps or record a video, plus I want something that can at least last a day on battery life.

P.S. The G2 is also brand new, while the Galaxy Note is refurbished. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I thought I should mention it.

if i have advice and if you dont mind rooting and flashing roms get the G2 and then flash the ClodyG3 rom its the LG g3 rom ported to the G2 i have amazing performce and battery like and ofc 4k video reccording and 120FPS 720P. can also use ART ruuntime and get much better battry life i am getting around 4-5 houres on screen with auto brightness

Needs Update

if i have advice and if you dont mind rooting and flashing roms get the G2 and then flash the ClodyG3 rom its the LG g3 rom ported to the G2 i have amazing performce and battery like and ofc 4k video reccording and 120FPS 720P. can also use ART ruuntime and get much better battry life i am getting around 4-5 houres on screen with auto brightness

Is that really an option? That sounds awesome! I've decided on getting the G2, and put my order in earlier today.

On a more important note, is the flashing process easy/safe? I'd rather not brick my new phone. 

Is that really an option? That sounds awesome! I've decided on getting the G2, and put my order in earlier today.

On a more important note, is the flashing process easy/safe? I'd rather not brick my new phone. 

its really simple just gi ti XDA and search of the LG G2. on my T-Moblie one all i had ti do was install a APK(towelroot) that gave me root. then install a other APK (autoRecKitkat)  that installed the custom recovery. and then i just instaled the G3 Rom and followed the installer . all you have to do it sellect wich LG g2 you have. and thats it.

Needs Update

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2787843

this was the root i and rec i used :) hase both root and autoRec

and this is the rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2783192

i also flashed the kitkat baseband but i think it was unecesery as i was on kitkat already

Needs Update

Wow thanks a ton dude! I'm definitely gonna be doing this :D

i added some more links on the list hoop it works for you :D best of luck , the G2 is really poppuler on XDA so even if things get out of hand i am sure you can find some help :D ( would also recomend flashing the XCam v5 really good camera mod)

Needs Update