BSOD after connecting to the internet

Xanilima

Hello,
I'm writing this in Windows Safe Mode because that's the only way my PC works, basically I've been away on holidays for 4 weeks, and I come back, turn on the computer and when it's done connecting to the internet it bluescreens with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. I'm using a WiFi adapter from TP-LINK (TL-WN722N) and I think it's causing the problem so I've tried reinstalling it's driver but I still get the error, any thoughts on how to resolve the problem?

Thanks, Maks

i7 3770k 3,5GHz | P8H77 V-LE | 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz | Palit 660ti 2GB | OCZ StealthXStream2 | WD Blue 1TB | Fractal R4 Black

Googled Result ?

Uninstall old drivers to non-connected devices Link ?

Check if there's an updated driver from TP-Link ?

How about chipset/USB drivers ?

System Specs

CPU: FX-6350 (O.C. 4.6GHz Stable / 4.8GHz Unstable-incomplete)Cooler: Hyper Evo 212Mobo: 990fxa-ud3 Rev.3RAM: G.Skill 1866 2x4GBGPU: MSI R7870-2GD5T/OC x2 (O.C. 1120/1320-Summer 1160/1350-Winter)NIC: PCE-N15PSU: Seasonic X-650 Gold+Case: CM Storm ScoutStorage: 120 Samsung 840 SSD 2x1TB HDDBattery Backup-APC 650Mouse: G600Keyboard: G510Gamepad: PS3 Dualshock 3 VIA BluetoothMonitor: ViewSonic VX2253 (cheap from craigslist, owned this before build)

Are you on Windows 8, and do you also use Ethernet? Yes, I understand there's no reason to have both, given the option, but I get this BSOD with my laptop, and learned how to force it. In my case, involved leaving the WiFi on, and throwing it into sleep, while the Ethernet is also plugged in. The driver for my LAN, and WiFi don't get along, and upon waking, my E2200 from Killer tries to take over, and this causes the BSOD.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

1. There are many reasons to have Windows 8.1.

2. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" is the title of the Bluescreen and not the detailed error code itself.

3. There are so many different issues with this Bluescreen, you cannot generalize it.

I understand that, but, out of all the classmates I've had get that error, that tends to be the cause. Of course, I can't say for sure without the offending driver being listed, which it is not. As well, not everyone upgrades to 8.1. I have 0 reason to, for the moment, since support will continue until 2016.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

If you reinstall your OS then use the Windows 8.1 DVD or ISO. If you try to update from 8 to 8.1, you can get some random errors. 

But Windows 8.1 is better and they improved important things. You are right, there are many people which are not updating their Windows 8, because they are lazy or don't know how to clean install their system or don't have someone who can do it for them.

Or, like myself, have 0 need to do so. You're making assumptions here, and there's no need to. Yes, 8.1 is better for a few things, but under the hood, not much changed from 8, to 8.1 (Windows system admin side of me speaking now). Sure, I could go and get a disc for 8.1, so I can avoid the update/upgrade errors, but I don't want 8.1, and don't have a reason to upgrade until support ends.

There are internal system changes which many people are not directly noticing. If you want to wait till 2016, then wait. 

I'm a Windows System admin for a local business, and I've been training for my MCSA for 8/8.1 ... I know the changes, lol, there wasn't much from 8 to 8.1 under the hood.

1321321501001.jpg

Nope :P