Xbox One, Lowering Your Graphics if Not Connected to the Internet

Makol

Not connected to the Internet? I will have to sign in everyday anyway...

The Xbox is a complete flop, at this point, there is nothing that Microsoft can do to fix this.

Again, this is mostly likely to not happen until the future and it's because if you're not online they can't offload graphics processing to the cloud Nvidia Grid style. They're not throttling your graphics to punish you for not having internet, they're throttling your graphics because some of that graphical performance was originating from the cloud computing you're not connected to.

Wtf lol, is it me or is it getting worse by the day?

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Waiting to see how big of a performance difference it will make if you play online vs offline...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

this has been already posted

01100011011011110110110101110000011101010111010001100101011100100110011001100001011011100011010100110101

I checked and did not find anything relating to this. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

I checked and did not find anything relating to this. 

thats because you posted it as "XBOX PUNISHES YOU FOR NOT HAVING INTERNET" Instead of the actual case of servers will boost graphical performance by offloading processes. There are enough reasons to not like the thing guys, let's not twist the facts to make it worse.

thats because you posted it as "XBOX PUNISHES YOU FOR NOT HAVING INTERNET" Instead of the actual case of servers will boost graphical performance by offloading processes. There are enough reasons to not like the thing guys, let's not twist the facts to make it worse.

No I didn't.

All I did was post that the graphics are lowered with no internet connection, which is clearly stated in the thread title. You're the one who is twisting things here by making it seem like I'm saying it's a negative thing. No where did I post my opinion on this. 

There is no other thread here that discusses this topic that I could find. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

No I didn't.

All I did was post that the graphics are lowered with no internet connection, which is clearly stated in the thread title. You're the one who is twisting things here by making it seem like I'm saying it's a negative thing. No where did I post my opinion on this. 

There is no other thread here that discusses this topic. 

If someone gave you a sandwich every time you shook their hand, and you stopped shaking their hand would you say they were starving you? No, you wouldn't. Being disconnected from the internet doesn't reduce the Ones power, it just doesn't get the extra boost from the cloud servers. There is a thread 2 or three below this one that has it phrased the correct way in the title and there was one posted last night about the One offloading graphics processing to servers to boost performance. 

I did not see those threads. When I searched this topic they did not show up.

And you can keep twisting the way I posted this but regardless of how you put it the title I gave this thread is still correct. Connected to the internet? You'll have better graphics. Not connected to the internet? You will have lower quality graphics.

People here will get their panties in a bundle over the smallest things. 

If a mod can close this that would be great.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

this has been already posted

Instead of just saying that this is already posted, could you help the mods by doing a favour by reporting this thread and linking to the thread that is the same as this one so the mods can merge them. Thanks!

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Instead of just saying that this is already posted, could you help the mods by doing a favour by reporting this thread and linking to the thread that is the same as this one so the mods can merge them. Thanks!

k, thanks for the tip, will keep that in mind from now on  :)

01100011011011110110110101110000011101010111010001100101011100100110011001100001011011100011010100110101

If someone gave you a sandwich every time you shook their hand, and you stopped shaking their hand would you say they were starving you? No, you wouldn't. Being disconnected from the internet doesn't reduce the Ones power, it just doesn't get the extra boost from the cloud servers. There is a thread 2 or three below this one that has it phrased the correct way in the title and there was one posted last night about the One offloading graphics processing to servers to boost performance. 

They shouldn't need to do something like that. They should've used better hardware.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

They shouldn't need to do something like that. They should've used better hardware.

currently, they don't need to. They're thinking ahead. They said at the event they want this to be the last console you need to buy, this is how they plan to make that happen