Good In-Ears With Solid Cable

Jussy

Hey, so my IEMs just died... and I'm looking for some good quality IEMs that sound great and have an extremely sturdy cable, I'm good at wrecking the cable -_-.

Anything around $50 to $100 should be great.

VSonic VSD3 and VSD3S have a removable cable, meaning you can replace it if it breaks.

Sennheiser IE4. I don't know about extremely sturdy, but the cable is more rugged than on most in-ears.

http://en-de.sennheiser.com/earphones-headphone-stereo-passive-noise-reduction-ie-4

I have a CX870, which is discontinued now, but i had absolutely no problems with the cables so far.

Sennheiser's cables suck. How long have you had the CX870?

VSonic VSD3 and VSD3S have a removable cable, meaning you can replace it if it breaks.

Sennheiser's cables suck. How long have you had the CX870?

Two years. Before that I had an MX65VC, did not have a problem with that either. What really sucked though, was the MX75. The cables looked like a salad after a year, so I get where the whole 'Sennheiser cables suck' thing is coming from. They are a lot better today though.

Two years. Before that I had an MX65VC, did not have a problem with that either. What really sucked though, was the MX75. The cables looked like a salad after a year, so I get where the whole 'Sennheiser cables suck' thing is coming from. They are a lot better today though.

I had an IE60 and the cable broke within 6 months.  -_-

I had an IE60 and the cable broke within 6 months.  -_-

WTF. At that price, it definitely should not happen. What did you do with it?

WTF. At that price, it definitely should not happen. What did you do with it?

The plastic/rubber isolation came off of the wire near the right earpiece during normal use. Technically, it still worked, but I was uncomfortable wearing it after the wires were exposed.

The RMA process was painless, but I still feel the cable should've been better for the price. I sold the replacement because I didn't want the same issue to happen again, and have been perfectly happy with sub-$100 IEMs since.

The plastic/rubber isolation came off of the wire near the right earpiece during normal use. Technically, it still worked, but I was uncomfortable wearing it after the wires were exposed.

The RMA process was painless, but I still feel the cable should've been better for the price. I sold the replacement because I didn't want the same issue to happen again, and have been perfectly happy with sub-$100 IEMs since.

Totally understandable. It's a shame though, i was thinking about buying an IE60 as a replacement.