New Build Having Big Issues..

xnoize

Hello everyone i need some help diagnosing the problem im having,it its continuing to get worse..first let me tell you the build. I put this new pc together 2 weeks ago.

Intel i7 4790k
Asus Maximus formula vii /Watchdog Edition
Corsair RM850 power supply
Corsair Platinum Dominator RAM 16gigs at 2400GHZ
Corsair H100i Liquid Cooling
Noctua NF-F12 fans for H100i
Nvidia 780gtx
Samsung 840pro ssd 250gig

The best way i can describe the issues im having are everything is laggy all websites,including youtube seems there is a delay with everything.When i go into youtube the screen is all white then about 5-6 seconds later everything pops up,this happens also with facebook and pretty much all other sites 5-7 second delays before showing the sites,my old 2nd gen i7 never did this. This new build seems very sluggish and isn't working well,i also reinstalled windows 8.1 and same issues.Its also taking forever for games to load into there screen where it didnt have that problem with my old system,i have all drivers for everything up to date.

The only thing i did notice is when i first started the rig after the build,the ram wasn't at 2400ghz it was at 1300ghz,so i altered it to be at the 2400ghz and corrected the voltage i nthe bios,i haven't overclocked or touched anything else in bios,This happend the first week.Now to bring you up to speed i purchaseh a nic card yesterday to bypass the ethernet on the mobo,it seems a little better but not much,now.. my mouse is locking up and is stalled for 2-3 sec at a time at random.Now i normally play diablo 3 i noticed my latency when i first enter a game is 800+ which is horrid then it goes down to 100..anytime i come in and out of the game the latency spikes to 300+ not sure whats happening with that.Then today when i turned the pc on,the usb didnt see my mouse,so i unplugged the usb and replugged it in,and it turned on for 2 sec then went off again,then i chaged the usb to another slot and its stable now.In addtion to all of this i installed wolenfstein the new order last night to try something diffrent,and i was getting 10fps which is absolutly ridic for this build my computer couldnt render the graphics at all,im not sure whats goiing on,hopefully someone can provide insight,ive spent alot of money on this build and its preformance is under par by alot.

It literally sounds like you didn't install any drivers at all, are you sure you actually installed them and not just downloaded them?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I installed them,im 100% sure on that

Hello everyone i need some help diagnosing the problem im having,it its continuing to get worse..first let me tell you the build. I put this new pc together 2 weeks ago.

Intel i7 4790k

Asus Maximus formula vii /Watchdog Edition

Corsair RM850 power supply

Corsair Platinum Dominator RAM 16gigs at 2400GHZ

Corsair H100i Liquid Cooling

Noctua NF-F12 fans for H100i

Nvidia 780gtx

Samsung 840pro ssd 250gig

The best way i can describe the issues im having are everything is laggy all websites,including youtube seems there is a delay with everything.When i go into youtube the screen is all white then about 5-6 seconds later everything pops up,this happens also with facebook and pretty much all other sites 5-7 second delays before showing the sites,my old 2nd gen i7 never did this. This new build seems very sluggish and isn't working well,i also reinstalled windows 8.1 and same issues.Its also taking forever for games to load into there screen where it didnt have that problem with my old system,i have all drivers for everything up to date.

The only thing i did notice is when i first started the rig after the build,the ram wasn't at 2400ghz it was at 1300ghz,so i altered it to be at the 2400ghz and corrected the voltage i nthe bios,i haven't overclocked or touched anything else in bios,This happend the first week.Now to bring you up to speed i purchaseh a nic card yesterday to bypass the ethernet on the mobo,it seems a little better but not much,now.. my mouse is locking up and is stalled for 2-3 sec at a time at random.Now i normally play diablo 3 i noticed my latency when i first enter a game is 800+ which is horrid then it goes down to 100..anytime i come in and out of the game the latency spikes to 300+ not sure whats happening with that.Then today when i turned the pc on,the usb didnt see my mouse,so i unplugged the usb and replugged it in,and it turned on for 2 sec then went off again,then i chaged the usb to another slot and its stable now.In addtion to all of this i installed wolenfstein the new order last night to try something diffrent,and i was getting 10fps which is absolutly ridic for this build my computer couldnt render the graphics at all,im not sure whats goiing on,hopefully someone can provide insight,ive spent alot of money on this build and its preformance is under par by alot.

Is AHCI enable in your motherboard BIOS?

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

i havent tried to do that,i can try though if that works..and everything works normal is the ram bad?

Is your monitor cable connected to the Graphics Card, Have installed the latest drivers, is your energy plan at saving or high perfomance?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Yeah those have the latest drivers i have the energy plan,turned off

How do you mean "turned off"?

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

RAM is always set to 1300 standard, changing it shouldn't be the problem. Just curious, do you have a "legit" version of Windows 8.1. Or is it "less than legal"?

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

hahah lets say its "less than legal" also i changed the mem back to 1333ghz same thing nothing changes,also ceatra i have the power saving mode off..

Ah ok...anyways se if it is set at high perfomance, ya know the highest energy plan and Huginn I don't think it makes a diffrence

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

hahah lets say its "less than legal" also i changed the mem back to 1333ghz same thing nothing changes,also ceatra i have the power saving mode off..

Ah ok...anyways se if it is set at high perfomance, ya know the highest energy plan and Huginn I don't think it makes a diffrence

His system is running like a brick when it shouldn't. Parts all seem to be OK and working, but his OS "fell of the truck". Hmmm... Perhaps try it with some open source OS, see if everything runs normal then?

Also, use "Quote" when replying to someone. This way they'll get a signal. 

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

Also, use "Quote" when replying to someone. This way they'll get a signal.

Thanks for the tip :D

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

hahah lets say its "less than legal"

You could use Steam OS

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

You could use Steam OS

I was thinking about Linux, but that should work too. Just to test out if I'm right. I believe your cracked version is poorly cracked. If your system runs normal under Linux, I'm correct. If it doesn't there's another cause.

I could be the SSD

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

I will see what i can do about running a new os..just sounds weird to be the os..,it all started as soon as i rebuilt this pc..i kept the previous win 8.1 on here before i wiped it for a new one,and it seemed more stable than now..but still not right even in the begining

try windows 7? and install all the drivers for windows 7.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I dont have a copy of windows 7,i see alot of people leaning towards os,should i do another fresh install of win 8.1?

Hey guys, same here...this is my build:

Corsair 230T
Corsair AX760i
Asus Maximus VII Formula / Watch Dogs

Intel i7 4790K
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

G.Skill F3-1600C7D-16GTX

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

It shutdowns and reboots at random times, sometimes the monitor flickers and that's it... I swapped the RAM modules but nothing. I just can't figure out why?!

wait ''less than legal'' version of windows 8.1 exist wow didn't know that somebody would work to make that happen

Hey guys, same here...this is my build:

Corsair 230T

Corsair AX760i

Asus Maximus VII Formula / Watch Dogs

Intel i7 4790K

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus

G.Skill F3-1600C7D-16GTX

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

It shutdowns and reboots at random times, sometimes the monitor flickers and that's it... I swapped the RAM modules but nothing. I just can't figure out why?!

I had something similar check all connection on everything it should work if not well fresh instal if that still does not work it'S likely to be a hardware problem so troubleshoot everything and replace not working part

I checked the connection, I also checked the event viewer and this is what I'm getting...

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date:          14/8/2014 10:34:16
Event ID:      41
Task Category: (63)
Level:         Critical
Keywords:      (2)
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      *********
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>3</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-08-14T07:34:16.619479500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>3551</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>*********</Computer>