Logitech g500 vs g402

Go to solution Solved by sqwidee,

Realistically you should compare the generations, not the models like you are now.

The G402 ($60 USD) and G502 ($80 USD) are model refreshes, and have newer sensor tech and I would try to pick these guys up over their older counterparts: the G400s and G500.

The G402 is the simpler of the two refresh models and is everything you should need for gaming without being excessive, therefore the lower price. Also it's optical. You can see why that's a big deal HERE: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/190207-optical-vs-laser/#entry2561818

The G502 has weight tuning and scroll wheel modes. I really like having scroll modes for browsing, but these two features don't impact my gaming much at all. It's up to you if that's worth an extra $20, but I can't possibly recommend old models like the G400s and G500s. They look terrible, and the extra buttons will be lackluster and not nearly as responsive as the new ones.

For me they are the same price and in september i would be able to get one of them... what should I pick? the g402 looks beautiful but the g500 has the 2 wheel modes and weight system

g400s

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Realistically you should compare the generations, not the models like you are now.

The G402 ($60 USD) and G502 ($80 USD) are model refreshes, and have newer sensor tech and I would try to pick these guys up over their older counterparts: the G400s and G500.

The G402 is the simpler of the two refresh models and is everything you should need for gaming without being excessive, therefore the lower price. Also it's optical. You can see why that's a big deal HERE: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/190207-optical-vs-laser/#entry2561818

The G502 has weight tuning and scroll wheel modes. I really like having scroll modes for browsing, but these two features don't impact my gaming much at all. It's up to you if that's worth an extra $20, but I can't possibly recommend old models like the G400s and G500s. They look terrible, and the extra buttons will be lackluster and not nearly as responsive as the new ones.

Git Gud.

I would say G502.

I have it, and it is great. That or go for the 402.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

The G502 has weight tuning and scroll wheel modes. I really like having scroll modes for browsing, but these two features don't impact my gaming much at all. It's up to you if that's worth an extra $20, but I can't possibly recommend old models like the G400s and G500s. They look terrible, and the extra buttons will be lackluster and not nearly as res

responsive as the new ones.

Actually, it's a much easier comparison. Because the reality of the situation is that the g500 is a Laser mouse and the G402 has a better optical sensor. And the G402 has more buttons than any mouse at that price range should probably have.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.