Flash Drive + Usb Wall Adapter?

Owade73
Go to solution Solved by macpro622776,

Over volt? 

Well most power adapters are rated for over 500mA these days, and if there was a slight fault in it, it could provide over 500mA to the USB drive (which is over-current, not over volt btw), which could end up frying the flash drive. But otherwise, like others have said already, nothing would happen. It would light up but nothing else.

So just a general question that I kinda wonder about. What would happen if I took a usb drive of some sort put it into a usb to wall adapter (like what you get with phones, duh) and plugged it into an AC outlet? Would it be just fine? Over volt? 

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

If you set up another usb stick/wall adapter on the other side of your house, you can actually transfer data between them.

obviously no. USB wall adapters only wired for power.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Over volt? 

Well most power adapters are rated for over 500mA these days, and if there was a slight fault in it, it could provide over 500mA to the USB drive (which is over-current, not over volt btw), which could end up frying the flash drive. But otherwise, like others have said already, nothing would happen. It would light up but nothing else.

obviously no. USB wall adapters only wired for power.

Well, have you ever tried it, Mr. Know-it-all?

Well, have you ever tried it, Mr. Know-it-all?

i prefer to keep my PC running than shorting my motherboard. jackass

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

i prefer to keep my PC running than shorting my motherboard. jackass

First of all it was a joke, second of all, when did your motherboard get involved?  :huh:

First of all it was a joke, second of all, when did your motherboard get involved?  :huh:

uDBkDJV.gif

dont quit your day job.

dont quit your day job.

Okay...?

Yea i'm pretty confused too. At least on the motherboard part.

Good to know I'm not alone.  :)

Took the case as connecting USB to pc not each other via PowerLine

Took the case as connecting USB to pc not each other via PowerLine

Ah ok. I forgot about that part of the scenario. I already figured that was a pretty far cry from working. If it worked at all I figured under very very short distances. But then I assume powerline networking works because of some sort of amplifier and some sort of black magic :P