Suggestions / Feedback on Prebuilt Systems

Nee

Now before you all crucify me, I just want to state that this is for a friend who does not have previous computer building experience, nor does she want to build one. I also can't build one for her because she lives a couple hours away. Basically she wants something powerful enough to not worry much about "can I run this?" that she can start using right away (hence the no building). At the moment she uses a crappy laptop which can play League of Legends on low settings at very low fps but she wants to try new games as well and it's impossible with her current laptop. 

When searching for a pre-built I tried looking for something powerful enough that she didn't have to worry would stop her from trying games but that wouldn't break the bank as well. She's not sure of a budget but $1.3k is a bit much so I'm guessing anything great under $1k would do it. 

Any feedback as to which is better or suggestions as to where I could find anything better would be greatly appreciated. Buying from sites like ibuypower (although those seem overpriced, imo) and the like seems to be out of the question since her family insists on suggesting she get a macbook or a dell (basically mainstream). Here are two options that were shown to her from different people. I'll post the basic specs for each.

Prebuilt #1

Intel Core i5 4460 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz - 2 DIMMs

1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive 6.0 Gb/s

NVIDIA GeForce GT 720 1GB DDR3

16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW), write to CD/DVD

Wireless 1703 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0

Wired Multimedia Keyboard, US-English

Laser Mouse

19-in-1 Card Reader

Total is $699 before shipping/tax

Prebuilt #2

Intel Core i5 4440 (3.10GHz)

8GB DDR3 1600MHz

1TB HDD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 3GB GDDR5

24x DVD-RW

802.11AC Wireless

USB Keyboard

USB Mouse

16-in-1 Card Reader

Total is $849 before taxes/shipping

$769 after Mail in Rebate

Prebuilt #3

AMD FX-Series FX-8320 (3.50GHz

8GB DDR3

1TB HDD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1GB

24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive

802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN

USB Deluxe Keyboard

USB Mouse

Total is $629.99

Thanks in advance!

The system with the i5 4440 is the best all around system.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

System #2 for sure! A 760 can handle most modern games at 1080p!

Life.exe is missing

#2 all the way, it has the best GPU, so expect to hit modern games at higher settings at 1080p at a good framerate. The CPU is great too, the difference in clock speed on 1 and 2 is almost negligible and it has the same number of cores ect... #2 is totally worth the extra $70 after the rebate.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4460-vs-Intel-Core-i5-4440

Play time is Ogre.

Wow, thanks for all the quick responses! Didn't think everyone would choose #2. Does Build #2 seem overly expensive for the specs to anyone? Compared to the others, I mean.

Edit: forgot to click Post so I didn't see your reply, Pulledtrigger. Thanks for the input!

Edited by Nee

Wow, thanks for all the quick responses! Didn't think everyone would choose #2. Does Build #2 seem overly expensive for the specs to anyone? Compared to the others, I mean.

Edit: forgot to click Post so I didn't see your reply, Pulledtrigger. Thanks for the input!

Intel 4440- $191

Didn't Specify on the RAM, so I think its safe to assume around $80-$90

1 TB HDD- $50

GTX 770- $240

DVD drive-$20

Thats already up to $581-591 and the MOBO, PSU and case were not specified so I think that is pretty fair price. Its better with the rebate too.

Play time is Ogre.