Lg G2 or G3

Marvzl1357

Hullo,

So my phone is bugging out, screen is doing weird things, and it's pretty damn old anyways (~2.5 years) so I'll be replacing it soon.

Anyways, I've had my eyes on the LG phones since I started looking for a new phone. 

Question is: Is it worth the extra money to get the G3 over the G2? They're both great afaik, but is the G3 worth the extra $200 or so? (price difference obtained from Amazon and other random retailers)

Will be getting the 32gb version of whichever I choose

Thanks in advance for the recommendations

Edit: just changed the title from G2 vs G3 to G2 or G3 not that it really matters...

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

Nexus 5!

geez that was quick...

But actually, is that also a good option?'

geez that was quick...

yes, i wouldnt 'waste' money on a 'flagship' phone when there is the nexus line around, its just way to good for the price

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

yes, i wouldnt 'waste' money on a 'flagship' phone when there is the nexus line around, its just way to good for the price

True, good wisdom there.

btw, who's making the current nexus 5?

Edit: did some searching, is it LG?

True, good wisdom there.

btw, who's making the current nexus 5?

LG, so it ticks the box

Compatible with Windows 95

Nexus is a good phone but g2 beats it in one area, battery life.

Right off the bat the g2 has a bigger battery, camera is about the same.

If it was me right now i would likely get the g2 again, g3 has 1440p screen and a better CPU (801 rather than 800). so you're not really getting much more if you got the g3.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Nexus is a good phone but g2 beats it in one area, battery life.

Right off the bat the g2 has a bigger battery, camera is about the same.

If it was me right now i would likely get the g2 again, g3 has 1440p screen and a better CPU (801 rather than 800). so you're not really getting much more if you got the g3.

nothing that project volta wont fix ,or try to atleast, but even the dev versions showed some *noticable* improvements, 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

geez that was quick...

Yes, the Nexus 5 is based on the LG G2 but with the enormous benefits of running stock Android and always getting the latest updates to Android OTA from Google.

nothing that project volta wont fix ,or try to atleast, but even the dev versions showed some *noticable* improvements, 

And when g2 gets L? it has a bigger battery to start with.

I rooted my phone a long while a go so OEM updates really don't matter to me. ^_^

For myself I am purchasing a G3 soon, but since you live in somewhere where they actually sell google play devices, a N5 may be a more viable option

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

'Pretty damn old, 2.5 years' Bruh I ran my Samsung Nexus S for just over 4 years, dunno how but I did xD. Not helping the question I know. My recommendation is the Nexus 5. 

Nexus 5, or if you don't want it get the g2. The g3 basically has only the 1440p screen going for it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

And when g2 gets L? it has a bigger battery to start with.

I rooted my phone a long while a go so OEM updates really don't matter to me. ^_^

i thought you ment that the N5 wont last trough a whole day with power usage... and that the LG G2/3 could -.- sorry

and my point was that L would fix the problem of not getting through a whole day with power usage 

Yes, the Nexus 5 is based on the LG G2 but with the enormous benefits of running stock Android and always getting the latest updates to Android OTA from Google.

yeah that's truuuuuueeee.... but I was never really much of a hawk on android updates. IF it happened to get a os update then it was more like an added bonus for me rather than a necessity. 

"but does it have front facing speakers" *Linus movements*

'Pretty damn old, 2.5 years' Bruh I ran my Samsung Nexus S for just over 4 years, dunno how but I did xD. Not helping the question I know. My recommendation is the Nexus 5. 

persistence, an admirable character trait.

@Sauron (just so you're notified of the reply)

Sorry I couldn't reply directly to you all (you're all too quick, I haven't even finished typing and there's new replies), but it seems that G3 is a no go, and it's either G2 or Nexus 5. If I were to choose, I'll pick the G2 due to better battery life.

Thanks for the help

yeah that's truuuuuueeee.... but I was never really much of a hawk on android updates. IF it happened to get a os update then it was more like an added bonus for me rather than a necessity. 

"but does it have front facing speakers" *Linus movements*

persistence, an admirable character trait.

@Sauron (just so you're notified of the reply)

Sorry I couldn't reply directly to you all (you're all too quick, I haven't even finished typing and there's new replies), but it seems that G3 is a no go, and it's either G2 or Nexus 5. If I were to choose, I'll pick the G2 due to better battery life.

Thanks for the help

Nah I got bored and rooted mine so I didn't get any updates other than the roms that I got off XDA.

i thought you ment that the N5 wont last trough a whole day with power usage... and that the LG G2/3 could -.- sorry

and my point was that L would fix the problem of not getting through a whole day with power usage 

I have never used a N5, i know my g2 can do 5 - 6 hours screen time with over 24 hours on battery.

wel i have g2 with G3 rom and its way better then Nexus 5 ( if you dont want to have the first Android L phone)

Needs Update

G2

Bigger battery than the N5, and you can change it for instant full battery again. Cheaper plastic though, you can flash the ROM of stock android on it.

Not the G3 because it actually subtracts from battery life with with that ridiculous screen which isn't even useful because 1440P is just retarded on a phone.

N5 is good too for the price.

G2

Bigger battery than the N5, and you can change it for instant full battery again. Cheaper plastic though, you can flash the ROM of stock android on it.

Not the G3 because it actually subtracts from battery life with with that ridiculous screen which isn't even useful because 1440P is just retarded on a phone.

N5 is good too for the price.

yeah I think I've settled on the G2 or Nexus5 with a bit more of a lean on the G2.

But if the Telstra (aus telco) store I go to doesn't have the G2 but has the Nexus, I'll just get the Nexus and I'm sure I'll still be perfectly happy with it

yeah I think I've settled on the G2 or Nexus5 with a bit more of a lean on the G2.

But if the Telstra (aus telco) store I go to doesn't have the G2 but has the Nexus, I'll just get the Nexus and I'm sure I'll still be perfectly happy with it

unfortunately i don't think telstra ever got the G series at all. 

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -

unfortunately i don't think telstra ever got the G series at all. 

oh what? really? 

I never really looked into that...

Would they have the Nexus then?

oh what? really? 

I never really looked into that...

Would they have the Nexus then?

Nexus yep :)

~~Korindo~~

Cubitek Mini ITX Build : - Cubitek Mini Cube - ASUS Z87i-Pro - Intel 4770K - 16gb G.Skill Ares 1866mhz -

- Samsung 840 500gb SSD x 2 - Noctua NH-L12 Cooler - Silverstone 550 watt Strider Gold PSU - Galaxy GeForce GTX Titan -