Any Good?

G510Gamer
Go to solution Solved by EmoRarity,

This thread made me K so much I'm starting to feel like a banana. 

inb4 assholes be like *RRUHUHURHUHREUSABIGFBUSERBGKSBGELKSDF JSDBGFLB GJGJ:SEDNGINSERG YOU DONT NEED A SOUNDCARD DUMBFUCKUNFESAOBGUKLSBOVRSNIRLBGVNSOLIRDBVNIOSJNRBGPIREB*

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Soundcards aren't really necessary unless you have high impedence headphones (like 250 and up) and even then, they tend to be overpriced.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

Soundcards, particularly that one, are a poor value; and you probably don't need one.

inb4 assholes be like *RRUHUHURHUHREUSABIGFBUSERBGKSBGELKSDF JSDBGFLB GJGJ:SEDNGINSERG YOU DONT NEED A SOUNDCARD DUMBFUCKUNFESAOBGUKLSBOVRSNIRLBGVNSOLIRDBVNIOSJNRBGPIREB*

...you fucker.

Soundcards, particularly that one, are a poor value; and you probably don't need one.

...you fucker.

It's not the people telling him he doesn't need one that makes me angry, it's how they tell someone that does.

And damn, didn't know I rustled your jimmies enough to get called a fucker.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Yes

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

It's not the people telling him he doesn't need one that makes me angry, it's how they tell someone that does.

And damn, didn't know I rustled your jimmies enough to get called a fucker.

Just living up to the asshole moniker, you dig.

why the flame war, im doing audio editing so i have a custom pair of headphones that has a lot precision in the audio and it can produce a frequency sound that the motherboard just cant do anything about it sooooo i need it 

why the flame war, im doing audio editing so i have a custom pair of headphones that has a lot precision in the audio and it can produce a frequency sound that the motherboard just cant do anything about it sooooo i need it

There is no flame war. It is all jokes.

What do you mean you need it? Onboard is fine but if you really think you need it the one you picked it pretty alright although I would look at soundblaster cards before you buy.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

why the flame war, im doing audio editing so i have a custom pair of headphones that has a lot precision in the audio and it can produce a frequency sound that the motherboard just cant do anything about it sooooo i need it 

Your motherboard can produce any audible frequency unless it's broken.

It might help the discussion if you tell us exactly WHAT you're trying to do, and with what headphones or other audio equipment, and what motherboard you have currently.

If you think you need something better than onboard audio, fine, but don't spend $200 on a soundcard. External devices are the way to go.

If you think you need something better than onboard audio, fine, but don't spend $200 on a soundcard. External devices are the way to go.

Your motherboard can produce any audible frequency unless it's broken.

It might help the discussion if you tell us exactly WHAT you're trying to do, and with what headphones or other audio equipment, and what motherboard you have currently.

im using a custom pair of Audio Techinca ATH-AG1's  and im doing it for my company that i work at and i use alot of audio equipment that i dont want to go into detail on and my motherboard is a ASUS Rampage IV 

im using a custom pair of Audio Techinca ATH-AG1's  and im doing it for my company that i work at and i use alot of audio equipment that i dont want to go into detail on and my motherboard is a ASUS Rampage IV 

A "custom" pair? So, like, It has the name of your favorite cereal on the earcup?

Are you sure whatever issue you think you're having (still not clear on what that is) isn't the fault of your headphones? That motherboard should be able to drive them. Sure, you might get interference from other components in the system but that wasn't something that you mentioned.

A "custom" pair? So, like, It has the name of your favorite cereal on the earcup?

Are you sure whatever issue you think you're having (still not clear on what that is) isn't the fault of your headphones? That motherboard should be able to drive them. Sure, you might get interference from other components in the system but that wasn't something that you mentioned.

interference isnt my problem. it may be my headset :\ but its customised in that it has a custom driver that has more fidelety to the audio and it was realy expencive 

interference isnt my problem. it may be my headset :\ but its customised in that it has a custom driver that has more fidelety to the audio and it was realy expencive 

Indeed? So how do you know that your motherboard isn't driving it properly?

Indeed? So how do you know that your motherboard isn't driving it properly?

multi meter tests said it was ok (depending on who you ask) so is there any other way to test if the motherboard is driving it?

multi meter tests said it was ok (depending on who you ask) so is there any other way to test if the motherboard is driving it?

By listening to it...

This thread made me K so much I'm starting to feel like a banana. 

HA!