DIY case windows

hemmigumm

Sup guys.

So I've been looking on the line for good ways to create a custom window into your Pc case side pannel.

There don't seem to be many guides or atleast ones that I can find so and tips and tricks to do this, or simply a link to somthing good.

Thx

Use a dremel to cut holes and put pexi glass over the hole.

You should never forget to buy eye wear & wet & dry grit paper. Mainly it's for metal but you can use regular sand-paper to ensure fine edges.,

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

For my window mod I used:

A Dremel (For the cutting)

Painters / Masking tape ( to cover up the exterior of the panel to protect from scratches and to mark out your design on)

Sharpie Pen (to draw the design)

Tri-Square (to make sure the straight lines are parallel with the edges of the panel)

Steel Rule (I used a 50cm one, so I could draw one continuous straight line across the entirety of the side panel) 

A Drill (To drill the holes from the bolts to hold the acrylic window to the side panel)

U channel (to finish of the cut edges), I prefer it to trying to colour match paint.

Metal file (to clear up the cut edge, remove burrs)

Most importantly time, You don't want to rush.

Eye protection is a must. Also a breathing mask if you want to stop yourself from inhaling any metal shavings.

I wish I had pictures to share of the stages I took. but I don't, hopefully someone else who has done a window can chime in, my method is not perfect as it was he first window I had done, so wait for tips from someone more experienced. But I thought I'd share the relatively small experience.

If only we all could afford 8 SSD's in Raid 0  :wub:

You should never forget to buy eye wear & wet & dry grit paper. Mainly it's for metal but you can use regular sand-paper to ensure fine edges.,

I had to mod my case so i use  a dremel, to cover the edges i grind it and put electrical tape. You would buy the dremel metal cutter tool. 

Ive seen some on youtube, checkout other forums some are full of complete build logs to help you!