Sapphire Radeon R9?

Go to solution Solved by Held657,

I am building my first Gaming PC and I want it to be able to play game like BF4 on ultra settings with decent FPS. I also want to play the upcoming games like witcher 3 and the new Star Wars battlefront. But I am trying to decide between two GPUs. The Sapphire Radeon R9 270X dual X 2GB GDDR 5 and the Sapphire Radeon R9 280 (non X) dual X 3GB GDDR5 and I Want to know what you Recomend. Is the 280 worth the money? Also if you have any other GPU's that you wold Recomend feel Free to add them as we'll. my bugget for the GPU is 250$ but I will go a little bit over if it means that much more praformence.

P.S. I will play at 1080p and i don't want to over clock if I don't have to. Being that this is my first build and I don't want it to break down on me.

Imo the R9 280 is worth the extra. Games defently benefit from more than 2GB at the moment. Also the R9 280 has quite more power than the 270X. Those few bucks will be worth it, especially in future games.

I am building my first Gaming PC and I want it to be able to play game like BF4 on ultra settings with decent FPS. I also want to play the upcoming games like witcher 3 and the new Star Wars battlefront. But I am trying to decide between two GPUs. The Sapphire Radeon R9 270X dual X 2GB GDDR 5 and the Sapphire Radeon R9 280 (non X) dual X 3GB GDDR5 and I Want to know what you Recomend. Is the 280 worth the money? Also if you have any other GPU's that you wold Recomend feel Free to add them as we'll. my bugget for the GPU is 250$ but I will go a little bit over if it means that much more praformence.

P.S. I will play at 1080p and i don't want to over clock if I don't have to. Being that this is my first build and I don't want it to break down on me.

What's your budget and currency?

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

280 is probably the best price to performance wise

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Get the 280.

In order of appearance:
*play games

*The Witcher 3

*Battlefront

*Dual (x2)

*recommend

*would
*recommend

*well

*budget

*performance

:D Just going and helping. Not being a dick.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Imo the R9 280 is worth the extra. Games defently benefit from more than 2GB at the moment. Also the R9 280 has quite more power than the 270X. Those few bucks will be worth it, especially in future games.

ASUS ROG Strix X570-E + AMD Ryzen 3800X; EVGA GTX 1070Ti FTW Supersilent; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power Pro 10 750W; Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + 2x 1TB 860 EVO; PHANTEKS Evolve X + Custom Liquid Cooling

What's your budget and currency?

My budget for the computer is around $800

I think if you could afford to fit the 280 in your budget, go for it.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

Very nice!  It also looks like there's a mail in rebate to save you some more cash.

I know that's I was so surprised about. Also you get 2 free games!

Very nice!  It also looks like there's a mail in rebate to save you some more cash.

I know that is what I was so surprised about! Also you get two free games

but I can't seem to find were a rebate code is for the card.

I know that is what I was so surprised about! Also you get two free games

Both AMD and NVIDIA always have deals for free games.  Cool huh?

but I can't seem to find were a rebate code is for the card.

You get the rebate code after you purchase the product.  Different vendors treat mail in rebates differently.

For Newegg, look at your purchase history, click print rebate and follow the directions.

source: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1646796/newegg-mail-rebate-question.html

Both AMD and NVIDIA always have deals for free games.  Cool huh?

You get the rebate code after you purchase the product.  Different vendors treat mail in rebates differently.

For Newegg, look at your purchase history, click print rebate and follow the directions.

source: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1646796/newegg-mail-rebate-question.html

Oh ok

Sure!  Glad to help!