Slim, light and portable gaming Laptop for around £1000

PrehistoricDuck

Hello guys I am looking for a portable gaming laptop for around the £1000 mark, obviously the cheaper the better. I just want it to be thin and light whilst being able to play games at a decent frame rate at 1080p. I know I would play League of Legends and GTA IV.

The reason I want a laptop and not a desktop is because I have no space for a desktop anywhere in my room plus I don't like the idea of being up in my room almost all day so the laptop will give me some flexibility. 

I looked at the Alienware 14 and found this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301253221310 

The bad points about that are that it is very heavy for a 14 inch and seems a bit too bulky for my liking. Also, I dont know if that GTX 765m will be enough.

I have also found the Gigabyte P34G v2. http://www.scan.co.uk/products/14-gigabyte-p34g-core-i7-4710hq-8gb-ddr3-1tb-hdd-nvidia-geforce-gtx-860m-win-81?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=Default&utm_source=RatingsAndReviews&utm_content=Default

It looks good but lacks the SSD of the Alienware 14 but it's GPU is a lot more powerful. (GTX 650 ti vs GTX 750 ti respectively) It is also much thinner and lighter so it looks like a very good choice but I am worried about the cooling in such a thin chassis. I know Linus did a review on the first version of this laptop so they would be similar but I have heard Gigabyte changed a few things to make it a much better experience. 

Are there any other options out there for this price?

Have a look at MSI's GS series. There's the GS60 Ghost which is around £1,150 but you might be able to find an ex display, preowned or refurbished one for less than £1000. 

EDIT: Also, with the GS60 Ghost you get an SSD for boot + a HDD for storage. One of the thinnest laptops to have that, massive plus. 

Have a look at MSI's GS series. There's the GS60 Ghost which is around £1,150 but you might be able to find an ex display, preowned or refurbished one for less than £1000. 

EDIT: Also, with the GS60 Ghost you get an SSD for boot + a HDD for storage. One of the thinnest laptops to have that, massive plus. 

Yeah, that one looks good. I will keep looking for one under £1000.

Not Alienware, Never Alienware. 

Why? It looks like a good price at £900 and as the biggest negative is it being overpriced, this one removes that.

Why? It looks like a good price at £900 and as the biggest negative is it being overpriced, this one removes that.

Its overpriced don't get it. Get the GS60 Ghost  

but the specs are sub-par for gaming. A GT 750M doesn't run that good, and display is TN. You could get the same specs from other brands for 900$ or less. For that price, you should settle for the GTX 860M, and not anything lower.

but the specs are sub-par for gaming. A GT 750M doesn't run that good, and display is TN. You could get the same specs from other brands for 900$ or less. For that price, you should settle for the GTX 860M, and not anything lower.

The item must have been bought but it had an i7, GTX 765m, 750gb hdd, 256 ssd and a 1080p display.

My vote is for that Gigabyte laptop. If you're sure you want something under 1 inch in thickness, it's probably your best bet. MSI GS series is an option too, but I think they generally tend to be a bit worse on price/performance. Still, it's a shame that the Gigabyte ultrablade laptops are so boring looking...

My vote is for that Gigabyte laptop. If you're sure you want something under 1 inch in thickness, it's probably your best bet. MSI GS series is an option too, but I think they generally tend to be a bit worse on price/performance. Still, it's a shame that the Gigabyte ultrablade laptops are so boring looking...

Yeah, i think ill go with the Gigabyte P34G v2.