Nvidia shield Wifi Direct and Xbox one controller

Hello.

Has anyone tried connecting the xbox one controller to the shield tablet. Does it work?

I plan to get the tablet when it comes out here but I would prefer to spend my money on a very good controller rather than the nvidia one if it works with the tablet.

thanks

Linus said he did on the WAN show

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Linus said he did on the WAN show

do you have a link for that? would be appreciated.

do you have a link for that? would be appreciated.

Don't have a timestamp.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Found out that wired will/should work. But the xobox one controller doesnt have wifi direct so it wont connect to the tablet wirelessly.

If someone has other information please share.

Yes it should work if connected via USB.  From experience though, a wired Xbox 360 controller is the best option if you don't wanna go for the Shield controller.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Yes it should work if connected via USB.  From experience though, a wired Xbox 360 controller is the best option if you don't wanna go for the Shield controller.

what about the wireless xbox 360 controller? couldnt i just connect the dongle ?

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

what about the wireless xbox 360 controller? couldnt i just connect the dongle ?

Yea it should work, and it has been confirmed to work by a number of people on various forums, although it is not supported by Nvidia.  There are only 2 minor issues: 1) native gamepad mapper may not work for the d-pad (the d-pad works still for any game it is already pre-mapped to though) and 2) The 4 lights on the Xbox button continuously flash, which may be a bit annoying but you can just cove them if it bugs you.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Found out that wired will/should work. But the xobox one controller doesnt have wifi direct so it wont connect to the tablet wirelessly.

If someone has other information please share.

The Xbox one uses WiFi direct, so technically, it should work :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

The Xbox one uses WiFi direct, so technically, it should work :-)

the xbox one does have wifi direct but the controller is not wifi direct.

What could be good is if someone who has a dualshock 4 controller, they can pair it to the shield tablet. I wonder if the touchpad would work too. that would be cool.