Data migration or new install?

Deztroierz

Hey guys, 

I'm here to ask your help again. :P In my pc i have a 120 GB SSD and a 1 TB HHD. In the SSD i've got Windows and some small programs used every day. In the HHD instead i have Steam, Battle.net, and other games + System BackUp and some random files (photo, etc.). The point here as the title suggests is that i want to transfer the data from the HHD to a new SSD (a Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB) except for the backup and the photos.. coming to the point, what i'm asking is: is it more easy transfer all the data or reinstall everything in the new unit? (i think the total size of the files is around 150 GB)..

the reason why i'm confused is that Steam and the other have some folders stored in the 120 GB SSD (like AppData and stuff like that) and if i move to a new unit the data is this gonna influence the functionality of the programs in some way? or i am just retarded xD and if the transfer is the right way which is the safest way to do it? 

please need your help! :D

p.s. btw kinda off topic i had problems in the past uninstalling Steam, i think due to those folders in the ssd..how i remove it completely including all the games in it of course? (no format cuz i have files i want to keep in the hhd)

I would just reinstall as that is cleaner. I dislike data migration shit unless it's like moving a folder with pictures or something like that but that is personal preference. I say go for fresh install. Cleaner

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

If you have the time and patience, reinstall your data to the SSD.

You don't even need patience with an SSD unless your download speed is crap :P.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

You don't even need patience with an SSD unless your download speed is crap :P.

well is not the best but i think i can do it in less than 4 hours D: (~55 Mbs Down - ~10 Mbs Up)