good review for a good free product?

cecilia yi

If some company launched new products and you as a valued a customer for the company, they hope you could have a try this good product and provide a review about the experience of the product, do you agree?

If said company let me tell my honest oppinion, and not just accept "it is good" then yeah. If they want me to lie then no, stuff that.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

No. As a company I would not give out free stuff.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

If said company let me tell my honest oppinion, and not just accept "it is good" then yeah. If they want me to lie then no, stuff that.

No. As a company I would not give out free stuff.

After you used the product, and you think it is great, do you agree?

So, if I was a long time customer, they would send me one of the products to have, for free, so long as I wrote a review on it for them? I think it would be a bad idea, purely because how do you choose who is a suitable, valuable customer? Every customer is a valuable customer, so it wouldn't really work. I think that the person would also potentially be slightly biased in the hope they get more free stuff, or because they are such a "valued" customer they are a fanboy/girl for that company, so they wouldn't be suitable to do this.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

So, if I was a long time customer, they would send me one of the products to have, for free, so long as I wrote a review on it for them? I think it would be a bad idea, purely because how do you choose who is a suitable, valuable customer? Every customer is a valuable customer, so it wouldn't really work. I think that the person would also potentially be slightly biased in the hope they get more free stuff, or because they are such a "valued" customer they are a fanboy/girl for that company, so they wouldn't be suitable to do this.

your view is right, but i think we should also take the product into consideration, good product should be shared 

After you used the product, and you think it is great, do you agree?

If you're just a normal customer, then I would say no.

But if you're a tech YouTube/reviewer and you can give them cheap marketing, then yes

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

If you're just a normal customer, then I would say no.

But if you're a tech YouTube/reviewer and you can give them cheap marketing, then yes

I mean tech YouTube/reviewer  :P 

LTT get most of there Products to review for free. They have to give many of them back or make a giveaway though. 

You will have to look past the fact tat you got it for free though! You can not be afraid of not receiving more products from them if you give it a bad review!

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Personally I think giving good reviews on products that clearly aren't that good is mark of fanboyism. For customer its win-win situation since they get free product and keep company happy by saying something is good. But if company then, because of good feedback they get, continues to make bad products they will loose customers fast and lost money in that process.

As for reviewers its tricky thing. You can write nice review and smoothen out the worst things and still look like legit thing. But clear fanboyism on bad product etc. will cause reputation faster than anything else. Also for me is writing bad review on decent product just because some little thing doesn't appeal to you.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv