I need help pleaseeeee I love you Linus's community <3

Go to solution Solved by MrTechBoss,

Thanks again for the help, my PC randomly started working....for now.

So it was a normal day where I would boot up my PC and go on my merry way into windows then all of a sudden I booted it like I normally would the mouse and keyboard worked perfectly fine in the bios and I also tried in windows PE from a boot stick....but as soon as it changes over to windows is starting (on windows 7) the keyboard and mouse stop working yes all my drivers and bios have been updated in case that comes up. So pretty much I'm screwed because I can't do anything.

So the short version keyboard and mouse work every where but inside windows.

Thank you for taking your time to read :)

PC specs

I7 4790k

8gb a data ram

1tb hdd

Gtx 760 2gb

Gigabyte gaming 3 motherboard.

Have you tried a different keyboard and mouse? 

Different USB ports?

Only things I can think of.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

are you try to replug yet ?

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

People can help even if the topic was the fuck happened to my pc..you know.

Well, do you have another keyboard or a mouse? Or try 'em in another port..

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

yea do you have another keyboard or mouse to try ?

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

Yes I've tried 3 different sets of keyboard and mouse and also a Bluetooth set just incase that helped. but still same issue it won't reckonize in windows.

yea do you have another keyboard or mouse to try ?

Wow, just trying to help. No need to be sassy. You could have said something in the OP.

Borrow one from a friend or another computer in the house. There are 5 keyboards in my house and i assumed you were in the same position. You could also pick up a cheap one at staples or something.

I'm an idiot.

Try to boot into safe mode.

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Wow, just trying to help. No need to be sassy. You could have said something in the OP.

Borrow one from a friend or another computer in the house. There are 5 keyboards in my house and i assumed you were in the same position. You could also pick up a cheap one at staples or something.

I'm an idiot.

I was about to say that I didn't really see how his comment was sassy, but then recognized the edits.

Lol, it happens to all of us at times.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I was about to say that I didn't really see how his comment was sassy, but then recognized the edits.

Lol, it happens to all of us at times.

Yea, I'm cranky right now. My power went out for no reason this morning when I was sleeping. My computer wouldn't boot. Then it was blue screening. Then my drivers were crashing. 

Thank you for the fast replies... I've tried multiple keyboards and mice and also multiple ports back and front of PC nothing wrong with any of them because they all work in the bios and on a portable version of windows but when I boot into my main hard drive with windows it doesn't work and nothing was changed or updated at all from when it worked to when it didnt

Yea, I'm cranky right now. My power went out for no reason this morning when I was sleeping. My computer wouldn't boot. Then it was blue screening. Then my drivers were crashing. 

I was the same way when my SSD decided to die a few weeks ago. It sucks.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

do you have a password on your computer? I have seen when you have a password, the usb driver takes a long time to install, 5 minutes or more. Do you have a ps2 keyboard around? PS2 does not require drivers to be installed which may help you out.

Yes I've tried 3 different sets of keyboard and mouse and also a Bluetooth set just incase that helped. but still same issue it won't reckonize in windows.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

I was the same way when my SSD decided to die a few weeks ago. It sucks.

Yea, my PC trys to set my CPU to 5 Ghz and 1.23v whenever it loses power. Such a bitch to get back because it just resets. Also the 24pin has to be replugged in. Just annoying. Also some earlier trolls and whatever. Happily I've never had anything die on me, but I do get unlucky with overclockers. 

Ok so now nothing works at all it just boots and says start windows normally...the. Goes into windows no keyboard or mouse. But now it won't even work in the bios

Maybe you have some malware or a virus?

You said it worked on a portable version of windows so that's what I assume. You may have to do a clean install if it isn't working in the BIOS anymore.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Thanks again for the help, my PC randomly started working....for now.