Nintendo is serious about E3 - Gets a bigger booth than Microsoft and Sony

GoodBytes

Nintendo, despite not having a press event at E3, Nintendo seams to go full blown serious about E3.

Not only Nintendo will have E3 game demos available to be played across Best Buy store in the U.S and Canada, so that you can experience what is coming. But also Nintendo has the biggest both than Microsoft's and Sony's both.

original.jpg

The above excludes the small closed room for media and investors taken by the company.

Source: http://kotaku.com/nintendo-will-have-a-large-booth-at-e3-509471272

For those that don't know, E3 space that a company reserves is extremely expensive, but sadly we have no numbers, beside that its really expensive for square foot. Hence why all the other both are much smaller, even EA's booth, and the small studios have really tiny booth. while the above doesn't look that big, the building is huge.. so that ~1cm more on the booth, is actually quiet a lot in reality.

Here is the other section:

ku-xlarge.jpg

So it seams that Nintendo is going to try a new kind of marketing strategy. Would be interesting to see if it works out for them.

Sony and Nintendo seem to have the same amount of space.

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

Nintendo is slightly larger. It's shame that we don't have a scale... but E3 showroom floor is huge. So the small increase in space is quiet big in reality. Probably 4-5 standard table length larger.

Look at the smaller booth on the map, like 5536, which this kind of booth , you usually have a nice size for a studio to show 3-5 games, on a few systems/computers. 5536 is Dreamworks Animation booth.

Or for another reference, is anyone remmember last year Razor booth, on how big it was, essentially showing all they products, several time, for people to try and check it out, and have employees talk about them. 5412 Is Razor.

True.

And with Sega's partnership with Nintendo and Ubisoft's commitment to the Wii U I wouldn't be surprised if their booths featured Wii Us and Wii U games as well. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

They need more space for all the angry mobs of people who have begun to hate Nintendo.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

sony as more space than nintendo dude do the math, and dont forget the store at the entrance

They need more space for all the angry mobs of people who have begun to hate Nintendo.

Why would people be angry on Nintendo? Their console works as advertise?!

Sony as more space than Nintendo dude do the math, and don't forget the store at the entrance

I did. Nintendo is larger. Again, I am excluding the rooms reserved for media/investors, because usually companies takes rooms in surrounding area of E3. So it's hard to measure.

What counts is the show room floor where everyone will be, including the media with their camera filming.

Why would people be angry on Nintendo? Their console works as advertise?!

I did. Nintendo is larger. Again, I am excluding the rooms reserved for media/investors, because usually companies takes rooms in surrounding area of E3. So it's hard to measure.

What counts is the show room floor where everyone will be, including the media with their camera filming.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2419134,00.asp

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/18233-nintendo-will-fix-bug-that-allows-same-sex-couples-to-marry-in-video-game/?hl=nintendo

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

The ads on YouTube video is automatic by YouTube. Nintendo registered themselves as partner with YouTube. Nintendo sends sound clips to YouTube, then their server takes the content received by Nintendo and scans every single video and flag all matches of anything. Then the author of the video will see that his video is flag and has choices: yes it's infringing on copyright, or no. If they choose no, it ask why? Based on what you pick it will put ads by YouTube or pull the video, unless you say Fair Use. Then, Nintendo will get that you flag your video as fair use, and then Nintendo gets to say: "no, pull the video to youtube" or have ads, or say it's fine. If they pick ads or pull, the author can say to appeal, and then Nintendo can bring you to court and let a judge decide. They have to do this, for every video one by one. From what I read from the few people that complained, they picked the wrong choices like: "I gave credit, without explicit permission from the author" or something like that and not fair use. That's their fault.

I am watching many walk-thoughts and lets play, and I see no ads, despite being, when I checked Nintendo games.

Now, I am not defending Nintendo, just explaining the process. What they have done is stupid.

They should treat every video as an individual case, based on what's being flag to them by people or what they notice, as they did before. Sounds to me that this decision was done by the legal department. I am not sure it will stick, or if Nintendo can pull out.

As for gay marriage... the game was not suppose to allow that in the first place. The game was made by Japanese, and gay marriage is not even in people minds over there. The culture is drastically different, and gays aren't as open as here. Also, Nintendo must follow the laws, and the laws says no gay marriage. Nintendo bad move, is to fix the bug. They should have just ignored it. Previous games you could not, and no one complained.

EA by the entrance, i bet the stand will crash and nobody will be able to get in.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

I hope they announce some killer console for an awesome price that will make Sony and Microsoft cry and comfort each other.

bill-gates.jpg

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Sony and Nintendo seem to have the same amount of space.

Nah you can see Sony is slightly smaller.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Nah you can see Sony is slightly smaller.

You're right, their bigger booth area is a bit slimmer. 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

knowing what Nintendo are like, they have all that space just for a Mario game

Character artist in the Games industry.

knowing what Nintendo are like, they have all that space just for a Mario game

LOL probably.

No. This is the year of Luigi. 

LUIGIS EVERYWHERE

THERE IS NO ESCAPE 

OSX/WiiU/XO/PS4/PS3/N3DS

i see an nvidia booth, thats all i care about

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

The ads on YouTube video is automatic by YouTube. Nintendo registered themselves as partner with YouTube. Nintendo sends sound clips to YouTube, then their server takes the content received by Nintendo and scans every single video and flag all matches of anything. Then the author of the video will see that his video is flag and has choices: yes it's infringing on copyright, or no. If they choose no, it ask why? Based on what you pick it will put ads by YouTube or pull the video, unless you say Fair Use. Then, Nintendo will get that you flag your video as fair use, and then Nintendo gets to say: "no, pull the video to youtube" or have ads, or say it's fine. If they pick ads or pull, the author can say to appeal, and then Nintendo can bring you to court and let a judge decide. They have to do this, for every video one by one. From what I read from the few people that complained, they picked the wrong choices like: "I gave credit, without explicit permission from the author" or something like that and not fair use. That's their fault.

I am watching many walk-thoughts and lets play, and I see no ads, despite being, when I checked Nintendo games.

Now, I am not defending Nintendo, just explaining the process. What they have done is stupid.

They should treat every video as an individual case, based on what's being flag to them by people or what they notice, as they did before. Sounds to me that this decision was done by the legal department. I am not sure it will stick, or if Nintendo can pull out.

As for gay marriage... the game was not suppose to allow that in the first place. The game was made by Japanese, and gay marriage is not even in people minds over there. The culture is drastically different, and gays aren't as open as here. Also, Nintendo must follow the laws, and the laws says no gay marriage. Nintendo bad move, is to fix the bug. They should have just ignored it. Previous games you could not, and no one complained.

oh please find me a law that says you can't have gay marriage in video games

Rumor says Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Zelda, and retro studio secret game, possibly more. (but that could be info, or game play.. My guess is that for Zelda it will be the remake, and info on the coming up one)

Rumor says Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Zelda, and retro studio secret game, possibly more. (but that could be info, or game play.. My guess is that for Zelda it will be the remake, and info on the coming up one)

Sweet can't wait to see the gameplays of these! 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer