Hanging PC for start up

hardware_guy
Go to solution Solved by Shd0w2,

Unplug the power cord and hold down power button for 10-20 seconds, then try turning it on.

I've had my pc for nearly a month and everything was good, but since Tuesday I've been having a problem. When i start the pc sometimes, the asus rog splash screen comes up and it just stays on there, u cant press delete, F2 or esc. I can only restart it with the button on my case or hard shut down it. If i have restarted it or hard shut down it, it boots up but a little bit slower than usual.

I have the Asus Z97 Ranger motherboard, with a 4690k, a gtx 770 and windows 8.1 pro

If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

Unplug the power cord and hold down power button for 10-20 seconds, then try turning it on.

if i do that, will it permanently fix the problem, or will i need to keep doing it?

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

if i do that, will it permanently fix the problem, or will i need to keep doing it?

Should fix it permanently

Diamond 5 in League :)

Should fix it permanently

i just tried it and it worked, thanks for your help

What exactly does it do? I'd like to know.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

What exactly does it do? I'd like to know.

Basically resets the CMOS battery, which is like volatile memory

Basically resets the CMOS battery, which is like volatile memory

Oh, so it's like removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Oh, so it's like removing the CMOS battery for 10 minutes?

sure.