Did I won the sillicon lottery?

Doughnutnator

I'll wait to someone to answer that. So, I should keep it? My friend is going to pay me the same money I paid for the card...

i say keep it till the GTX880 is out :/

but that is my take

its your card bro

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Awesome, now look at this. Unigine says 1343 but Afterburner says 1280. Power limit 100% (that's the default). It's weird... How much time I have to run 3D Fire Strike?

My 780 ti says 1343 as well even though it usually runs around 1150.

My 780 ti says 1343 as well even though it usually runs around 1150.

GPU Boost is so great :P

So I better keep it than go for the bigger VRAM 280?

lol no, that's a reading error from Unigine, the card is actually running at 1150 boost clock. 280 is still better in almost every respect.

Except avoid XFX 280 at all costs. Even if it means getting an inferior card such as a 270x.

Except avoid XFX 280 at all costs. Even if it means getting an inferior card such as a 270x.

At least was running at 1280 :( I plan to get the Asus R9 280. Don't know how good the quality is...

At least was running at 1280 :( I plan to get the Asus R9 280. Don't know how good the quality is...

Asus is pretty bad too, the DCUII runs cool and quiet on Nvidia cards, but the VRM runs REALLY hot on AMD cards.

Asus is pretty bad too, the DCUII runs cool and quiet on Nvidia cards, but the VRM runs REALLY hot on AMD cards.

Yup, that's my fear... I'm not sure on what to do :(

pick other brands like MSI,PowerColor and Sapphire for the R9 280

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

pick other brands like MSI,PowerColor and Sapphire for the R9 280

Asus is the only brand I can get in my country :( There's alsoa Gigabyte R9 280 that costs 60 more than the Asus one, I don't know why...

It's a hard choice :/

Asus is the only brand I can get in my country :( There's alsoa Gigabyte R9 280 that costs 60 more than the Asus one, I don't know why...

It's a hard choice :/

stick with you GPU then.

Asus screwed that bad with the AMD GPU's? :P

yes pretty much

Yup, that's my fear... I'm not sure on what to do :(

Get Sapphire, MSI or Gigabyte. The best AMD cards are the Sapphire Tri-X and Vapor-X with the Vapor-X being slightly better. Then it is gigabyte, then MSI, then the common rabble of bad cards.

yes pretty much

Damn :( some people here in the forums told me that the DirectCUII R9 280 is just fine. What's the VRM problem? They forgot to put sensors?

Asus screwed that bad with the AMD GPU's? :P

Well I wouldnt say that, I would just get one imported. Asus runs quiet, but runs very hot and doesn't OC particularly well.

Damn :( some people here in the forums told me that the DirectCUII R9 280 is just fine. What's the VRM problem? They forgot to put sensors?

the cooler have no contact with the VRAM and VRMs

only the GPU is cooled

and the VRAM is Elpida which don't like to be OC as much as Hynix and Samsung VRAMS on other cards

Well I wouldnt say that, I would just get one imported. Asus runs quiet, but runs very hot and doesn't OC particularly well.

And what if I get a card DOA? There's the HIS R9 280 in Amazon, I live in Mexico, if something happens I would have to send the card all the way to USA. And everything is different if I buy it in a local store, they give you 1 year warranty, if you have a problem, you give the card to the store and they RMA it for you without extra cost, you only wait and get your repaired/new GPU.

the cooler have no contact with the VRAM and VRMs

only the GPU is cooled

and the VRAM is Elpida which don't like to be OC as much as Hynix and Samsung VRAMS on other cards

Wow, that really really sucks, no VRAM cooling. Well, I think I will keep it, I have no choice.

And what if I get a card DOA? There's the HIS R9 280 in Amazon, I live in Mexico, if something happens I would have to send the card all the way to USA. And everything is different if I buy it in a local store, they give you 1 year warranty, if you have a problem, you give the card to the store and they RMA it for you without extra cost, you only wait and get your repaired/new GPU.

I live in Canada and had to RMA to the states 4 times, it really isn't that bad. It just makes shipping a bit pricey.

I hate to be a party pooper here but if you have any boost enabled bios on, Valley displays the wrong clocks. The actual clocks (lower than what Valley displays) are on GPU-Z (or even Precision-X/Afterburner).

This is true, not sure why people don't know this by now? This has been regurgitated so many times...

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal

^^ Afterburner show 1280mhz, it still good imo.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

^^ Afterburner show 1280mhz, it still good imo.

So Unigine isn't showing the real GPU clock? I thought that Unigine showed the GPU clock with GPU Boost. D: