Best cooling setup for H630?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to install some fans for my NZXT H630. It came with a 200mm fan in the front intake and a 140mm fan for exhaust. A bit after purchasing it a year and a half ago, I bought:

3 FN-200RB 200mm fans

2 FN-140RB 140mm fans

So in total, I have two 200mm in the front as intake, two 200mm on top as exhaust, one 140mm as exhaust on the back, one 140mm as intake on bottom, and one 140mm in a pivot slot pointed at my graphics card.

Over the months I've found that these fans aren't very satisfactory. The ones on the front don't pull enough air in to match the exhaust on the top pumping air out. Most likely this has to do with the design of the H630.

Long story short, I'm looking for fans to replace all of the fans in my case. The case can support:

Front 2 x 200 or 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mm ( 1 x 200mm included )
Top 2 x 200 or 2 x 140 or 3 x 120mm
Rear 1 x 140/120mm ( 1 x 140mm included )
Bottom 2 x 140/120mm
HDD Pivot 2 x 140/120mm

I was thinking about getting Corsair SP120 Quiets as intake for the front and bottom (Three in the front, two on the bottom.) Then have a AF140 push air out the back. Maybe two/three AF 140/120s on the top for exhaust? I've been thinking about getting a Kraken x61 for my AMD 8320...

Well, anyways. You guys have any thoughts on the fan layout for my case? I know it's not really designed for airflow in mind, but I'm trying to maximize it.

Edit: The NZXT fans are damn loud. Freakin' 37 decibels at times. I'm also looking to quiet the thing down since... well... the case is designed to be quite silent.

Do you have the HDD cages installed?

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Hey guys,

*semi-snip* 

I was thinking about getting Corsair SP120 Quiets as intake for the front and bottom (Three in the front, two on the bottom.) Then have a AF140 push air out the back. Maybe two/three AF 140/120s on the top for exhaust? I've been thinking about getting a Kraken x61 for my AMD 8320...

Well, anyways. You guys have any thoughts on the fan layout for my case? I know it's not really designed for airflow in mind, but I'm trying to maximize it.

Edit: The NZXT fans are damn loud. Freakin' 37 decibels at times. I'm also looking to quiet the thing down since... well... the case is designed to be quite silent.

Whuut? And then you want to replace them with Corsair fans? :P They're just as loud. One of the greatest features of the H630 is that it can take so many 200mm fans IMO. They can run really slow and move good air especially as exhaust fans. Maybe only change the front and bottom intake fans and see how it fairs then. Silverstone AP121/123's, Noctua NF-F12/A14, Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro PK2/3 and PL2's are all good quiet 120 and 140 mm fans. Have a look at these: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/megaflow-200-silent-fan/ if you want new 200mm fans.

Ideally put 2 140's (NF-A14's or PK2's) for both the front and bottom intakes.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Whuut? And then you want to replace them with Corsair fans? :P They're just as loud. One of the greatest features of the H630 is that it can take so many 200mm fans IMO. They can run really slow and move good air especially as exhaust fans. Maybe only change the front and bottom intake fans and see how it fairs then. Silverstone AP121/123's, Noctua NF-F12/A14, Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro PK2/3 and PL2's are all good quiet 120 and 140 mm fans. Have a look at these: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/megaflow-200-silent-fan/ if you want new 200mm fans.

Ah well, the Corsair Quiets are around 20 (supposedly) dB while the ones I have right now are 35 (realistically) dB.

The front fans in my H630 aren't pulling in any air... or well, they're pulling in very small amounts of air for being 200mm fans. I think I'll just replace the ones in front and bottom like you suggested. I think I need high pressure fans to pull out of that small slot for the front fans...

Thanks for the help.

Currently, yeah I do. They contain 2 HDDs.

If you only have 2 HDDs installed, remove the unused cages if you haven't. That could help a bit.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

-snip-

have you tried what you have now, but without the front panel installed?

the H630 is plagued with intake air issues. putting a better fan(s) may not fix the

issue. lauren @ TastyPC review on the H630 was brutally honest on the front

intake issue for such a big/great case. if you remove the front panel does the

system cycle to air throughout the case? prolly so, then you'll need to port thhe

front ports to a larger size to allow more intake air flow. if no change, then ditch

the 200mm fans and use 3x 120 fans with a static pressure above 1.5mm/h2o

at 12v and they have a 25dBA or less.

have you tried what you have now, but without the front panel installed?

the H630 is plagued with intake air issues. putting a better fan(s) may not fix the

issue. lauren @ TastyPC review on the H630 was brutally honest on the front

intake issue for such a big/great case. if you remove the front panel does the

system cycle to air throughout the case? prolly so, then you'll need to port thhe

front ports to a larger size to allow more intake air flow. if no change, then ditch

the 200mm fans and use 3x 120 fans with a static pressure above 1.5mm/h2o

at 12v and they have a 25dBA or less.

I haven't, actually. I'll try that when I get home. I guess it's just the design of the case, eh? The big downfall of the H630.

Whuut? And then you want to replace them with Corsair fans? :P They're just as loud. One of the greatest features of the H630 is that it can take so many 200mm fans IMO. They can run really slow and move good air especially as exhaust fans. Maybe only change the front and bottom intake fans and see how it fairs then. Silverstone AP121/123's, Noctua NF-F12/A14, Noiseblocker BlackSilent Pro PK2/3 and PL2's are all good quiet 120 and 140 mm fans. Have a look at these: http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/case-fan/megaflow-200-silent-fan/ if you want new 200mm fans.

Yay ap123

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I haven't, actually. I'll try that when I get home. I guess it's just the design of the case, eh? The big downfall of the H630.

report back with any findings. this can help others that may have similar situation

and the community does appreciate that kind of feedback.

report back with any findings. this can help others that may have similar situation

and the community does appreciate that kind of feedback.

Reporting in!

Yeah, the air flow is better without the front panel on. Mind you, it absolutely destroys the look of the case. My 200mm fans drew in probably 50% more air in. I might buy some high pressure fans and experiment with air flow with the panel on. I have a guess that higher mm/H2O fans will perform better than my large, slow 200mm fans.

Reporting in!

Yeah, the air flow is better without the front panel on. Mind you, it absolutely destroys the look of the case. My 200mm fans drew in probably 50% more air in. I might buy some high pressure fans and experiment with air flow with the panel on. I have a guess that higher mm/H2O fans will perform better than my large, slow 200mm fans.

yeah, it is what i'd thought too. putting more powerful fans into the front will not

make a better difference until air is able to get to the fans (which is the problem).

my H440 really had a time until the front panel came off.

what most have done is to mod the front panel like this H440 (not my mod):

7935eaca_IMG_0642.jpeg

sucks, but it does open up the air-flow into the cabinet really well.