NVIDIA found a way to quadruple display performance in low-res LCDs

Dietrichw

Yes, I have noticed there are many flawed concepts about how companies should be run on these boards.  Sadly in order to understand these concepts you either need a keen understand of business or have been watching these companies operate for decade or more.  

Apple gets blasted for how they do things, but they became one of the richest companies on the planet by following that business model. So people obviously don't hate it as much as the vocal minority likes to claim. Nvidia gets blasted for how they do things, yet they've maintained a 2-1 market share advantage over AMD for dedicated GPUs for years. So people obviously don't hate it as much as the vocal minority likes to claim. It's that sort of stuff that causes me to be so vocal about AMD trumpeting it's Gaming Evolved DVR client. AMD fans blasted GeForce Experience and Shadowplay for being "stupid" or "pointless" yet AMD was quick to copy them. AMD also like to lie and say Shadowplay only work on 169 games, when in fact it's not actually limited by anything like the Raptr overlay is. Shadowplay works for every game.

Same with Apple. Apple get's bashed constantly, yet every other company was quick to try and copy Apple's concepts. Apple is directly responsible for the current smartphone and tablet market. They pioneered and perfected the designs, and everyone else just copied them. Google gets praised for Android being so open, but that backfired in a big way and no Google is being forced to reign in cellphone manufactures to stop them from making such massive, and horrible, changes to the Android OS. The Google Play store, and all other Android based stores, are filled with malicious apps. Malicious apps that don't get removed even after they are reported. Something Apple doesn't suffer from.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Apple gets blasted for how they do things, but they became one of the richest companies on the planet by following that business model. So people obviously don't hate it as much as the vocal minority likes to claim. Nvidia gets blasted for how they do things, yet they've maintained a 2-1 market share advantage over AMD for dedicated GPUs for years. So people obviously don't hate it as much as the vocal minority likes to claim. It's that sort of stuff that causes me to be so vocal about AMD trumpeting it's Gaming Evolved DVR client. AMD fans blasted GeForce Experience and Shadowplay for being "stupid" or "pointless" yet AMD was quick to copy them. AMD also like to lie and say Shadowplay only work on 169 games, when in fact it's not actually limited by anything like the Raptr overlay is. Shadowplay works for every game.

Same with Apple. Apple get's bashed constantly, yet every other company was quick to try and copy Apple's concepts. Apple is directly responsible for the current smartphone and tablet market. They pioneered and perfected the designs, and everyone else just copied them. Google gets praised for Android being so open, but that backfired in a big way and no Google is being forced to reign in cellphone manufactures to stop them from making such massive, and horrible, changes to the Android OS. The Google Play store, and all other Android based stores, are filled with malicious apps. Malicious apps that don't get removed even after they are reported. Something Apple doesn't suffer from.

I agree with your first paragraph, but the second one I'm not too sure.  There is plenty of evidence to show most of apples influence in the smartphone market was popularity and not innovation as the technology was already in use  in smartphones before apple released the iphone.  Not just the look, but the functionality as well,  android, palm and windows mobile were all in operating models before iphone and palm and windows were in full production well before iphone.  I don't follow the android news but I was under the impression there were multiple reasons google changed the rules.  the only thing I know about the android market is that it is huge, has plenty of die hard fans like apple and makes a lot of money, so it must have something going for it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I agree with your first paragraph, but the second one I'm not too sure.  There is plenty of evidence to show most of apples influence in the smartphone market was popularity and not innovation as the technology was already in use  in smartphones before apple released the iphone.  Not just the look, but the functionality as well,  android, palm and windows mobile were all in operating models before iphone and palm and windows were in full production well before iphone.  I don't follow the android news but I was under the impression there were multiple reasons google changed the rules.  the only thing I know about the android market is that it is huge, has plenty of die hard fans like apple and makes a lot of money, so it must have something going for it.

I'm talking about the look of Apple devices, and how everyone was quick to copy that look. They quickly fell behind as far as pushing technical limits, I fully agree on that, but it can't be denied that everyone changed the look of their products after the first iPhone and first iPad. Also, their "retina" display used to mean something and they were leading the charge in terms of resolution and image quality, but they haven't done anything with it in the last couple of years. The biggest success is the iTunes store though. No other music, video or app store comes close to what Apple has in terms of content and quality. It's just unfortunate that they refuse to expand it to non-Apple mobile devices. 

The changes with Google being more strict about Android, from my understanding, is because of companies like Samsung making such drastic changes, and filling their phones with so much bloatware, that it started to have a negative impact on public perception of Android. Samsung is one of the biggest manufactures in the world to use Android, so when Samsung constantly gets bashed for their bad decisions, it reflects poorly on Android. Heck, in Samsung's home country of South Korea they made it illegal for companies like Samsung to fill their phones with bloatware that can't be easily deleted by the customer.

But Google has done nothing to address the issue of malicious apps in the various Android based app stores. The official Google Play store is the worst when it comes to the amount of malicious programs that are made available and never removed even after being reported.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I'm talking about the look of Apple devices, and how everyone was quick to copy that look. They quickly fell behind as far as pushing technical limits, I fully agree on that, but it can't be denied that everyone changed the look of their products after the first iPhone and first iPad. Also, their "retina" display used to mean something and they were leading the charge in terms of resolution and image quality, but they haven't done anything with it in the last couple of years. The biggest success is the iTunes store though. No other music, video or app store comes close to what Apple has in terms of content and quality. It's just unfortunate that they refuse to expand it to non-Apple mobile devices. 

The changes with Google being more strict about Android, from my understanding, is because of companies like Samsung making such drastic changes, and filling their phones with so much bloatware, that it started to have a negative impact on public perception of Android. Samsung is one of the biggest manufactures in the world to use Android, so when Samsung constantly gets bashed for their bad decisions, it reflects poorly on Android. Heck, in Samsung's home country of South Korea they made it illegal for companies like Samsung to fill their phones with bloatware that can't be easily deleted by the customer.

But Google has done nothing to address the issue of malicious apps in the various Android based app stores. The official Google Play store is the worst when it comes to the amount of malicious programs that are made available and never removed even after being reported.

smasung-designs-in-development-before-ip

This is not to mention the prada from LG and few other phones (htc with windows) that were taking on the shape people associate with the iphone before the iphone was released.  Also don't forget that regardless which OS is better (being subjective for the most part) google bought and was developing android in 05, before apple announced it was working on the iphone.  On top of this I had a windows phone from pre 2007 and I had friends with palm and ipaqs, that weren't that far from what they are now.    I feel the whole apple defined the look of the smart phone to be a marketing ploy, as the natural evolution of such devices was already heading in that direction. including slide to unlock and rectangle with round corners. 

Apple deserve credit for several things, one they made smartphone fashionable, this made them popular amongst everyone (not just geeks and techies) which had the effect of lowering prices and spurring the market on.  They pushed other companies to produce cheaper, they pushed google to release android earlier, they pushed a lot.  But I can't accept that they were the first with that design nor features.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.