Sata/boot question

Wiff

So currently We have 2 HDds. on first sataport is boot hdd and on the 2nd Sata port is another hdd, if I put the boot hdd on the 2nd sata port and the storage hdd on the first one, will the bios keep trying to boot from the storage hdd, which wont work ofcourse. the mobo is Asus A88xm-a if it helps to answer

If you must place your boot HDD on your second sata port, you will have to go into the BIOS and change the boot priority to your main HDD.

You shouldn't need to put your storage hard drive on your first sata port, it will detect it as a seperate drive no matter what sata port it is connected to.

If you must place your boot HDD on your second sata port, you will have to go into the BIOS and change the boot priority to your main HDD.

You shouldn't need to put your storage hard drive on your first sata port, it will detect it as a seperate drive no matter what sata port it is connected to.

ok, thanks

Change boot order to correct and remove all other devices from it. BIOS doesn't care which SATA port is used. They aren't so strict as IDE was.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv