Crossfire 290 with 750W

PeePeeSoftware

Well, you can smh all you want (unlike others, I ain't that easily offended).......when it comes to PSU's, that's my philosophy! :P  :D

Amateur. You spend a $1000+ on you CPU yet you don't even have 4 290Xs. You don't even have 64 GB of RAM or a 4960X. What are kind of person are you?

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

So apparently 2 reference 290 will consume about 600W which leaves 150W for the rest of the system. My system is pretty bare bones, it literally has 1 SSD and HDD, i5, some cheap Z77 motherboard and some 3 case fans. I don't think that will take 150W...

I also have another question, is it bad to have your wattage near the set point other than heat? Will it lower the life span of your PSU?

So apparently 2 reference 290 will consume about 600W which leaves 150W for the rest of the system. My system is pretty bare bones, it literally has 1 SSD and HDD, i5, some cheap Z77 motherboard and some 3 case fans. I don't think that will take 150W...

I also have another question, is it bad to have your wattage near the set point other than heat? Will it lower the life span of your PSU?

CPU takes about 84 watts add those HDD/SSD and case fan will be around 100 watts

it will still run at 700+ watts but if you do any OC on the CPU or worst the GPU 

the PSU will be running beyond the load limit and caps will pop = PSU blow up

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

CPU takes about 84 watts add those HDD/SSD and case fan will be around 100 watts

it will still run at 700+ watts but if you do any OC on the CPU or worst the GPU 

the PSU will be running beyond the load limit and caps will pop = PSU blow up

Wait a minute... If 2 290's are 600W and the CPU + etc. is 184W then that would be 784W. That's over his PSU. Unless that is worst case scenario,

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Wait a minute... If 2 290's are 600W and the CPU + etc. is 184W then that would be 784W. That's over his PSU. Unless that is worst case scenario,

yea worst case situation

which is why we don't suggest 290 CF with 750 watts for safety reasons 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Isn't getting a PSU that's rated at something ridiculous like 1000 watts good for even a single 290x? I mean it never will pull 1000 watts from the wall anyway, and you'll have a lot of leg room so to speak.

So if you're going to crossfire, you might as well get a beefy PSU too right?

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"