NVIDIA Tablet: Price & specs revealed

Bloodyvalley

Looks like this tablet will be $360 approx.

21.jpg

22.jpg

20.jpg

17.jpg

"Console mode"

Console Mode: First to feature NVIDIA Console Mode, which takes tablet gameplay to big-screen TVs. Console Mode transforms the device into a full living-room gaming and entertainment experience. Gamers can connect their SHIELD wireless controller, sit back on the couch and play PC and Android games, browse the web, and watch their favorite movies -- all in native 1080p HD.

NVIDIA Tegra K1:

Powered by the world's most advanced mobile processor -- the NVIDIA Tegra K1, with 192 GPU cores -- SHIELD tablet is supplemented by regular, over-the-air software upgrades that bring new capabilities and levels of performance.

NVIDIA GRID cloud streaming:

NVIDIA GRID Cloud Streaming: First to stream PC games from NVIDIA GRID. Gamers can access the GRID cloud gaming beta, available exclusively to SHIELD owners in Northern California, to instantly stream a library of high-quality PC games, and then save them in the cloud.

NVIDIA Shadowplay!:

Twitch and NVIDIA ShadowPlay: First to feature ShadowPlay, an advanced game-capture tool that lets users save and stream their greatest gaming moments to Twitch, the leading video platform and community for gamers. Gamers can stream titles from the SHIELD tablet to friends and foes worldwide. SHIELD tablet also includes a 5MP front camera to enhance the image of the gamer overlaid on the Twitch gamecast.

Yes, there will be a stylus:

Best Stylus
A stylus allows tablet experiences that touch-only tablets can't match, and the NVIDIA DirectStylus 2 technology on the SHIELD tablet is a game-changer. Twice as responsive as its predecessor, DirectStylus 2 technology enables the first GPU-accelerated 3D painting experience, a new capability where pigment and paint mix and bleed physically, in real time, and the palette is naturally illuminated in 3D as the user adjusts the light source.

Price and other info:

Also bundled is the popular Frostbyte game Trine 2: Complete Story. [...] SHIELD tablet additionally offers full access to Google Play, where gamers can download thousands of apps, including Netflix, Pandora and more. [...] The SHIELD tablet comes with either Wi-Fi connectivity, or Wi-Fi and LTE. It's available in 16- and 32GB, with MicroSD support (up to 128GB), starting at $299. The SHIELD wireless controller retails for $59. The SHIELD tablet cover retails for $39. [...] The SHIELD tablet, wireless controller and tablet cover are now available for preorder in the United States, Canada and select European countries.

To me it seems cool. It's portable yet you can game on it. The only issue is that stylus, seems to me like a Nintendo DS. They have added a lot of cool features into this tablet though, such as shadowplay and cloud streaming (sort of like the PS4?). I only have 1 question: how will the battery perform?

Sources: http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Mobile/NVIDIA-SHIELD-Tablet-Tegra-K1-and-SHIELD-Controller and http://www.techpowerup.com/203356/nvidia-powers-the-worlds-most-advanced-gaming-handheld.html

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)