Help installing windows 8.1 to usb

Does it give you the option to "Install by creating media" before or after it downloads?

Once you get the ISO there's plenty of tools that can put it on a flash drive properly.

Once you get the ISO there's plenty of tools that can put it on a flash drive properly.

What would you recommend? I'm borrowing someones pc that runs windows 7 (as my laptop is weak enough to only run ubuntu) to install windows 8.1 to usb. They don't want any files or stuff left over from my project.

What would you recommend? I'm borrowing someones pc that runs windows 7 (as my laptop is weak enough to only run ubuntu) to install windows 8.1 to usb. They don't want any files or stuff left over from my project.

rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/ it only has the one exe that you can delete later

load the ISO in then set the settings. Probably make the BIOS and UEFI compatible one but when installing try to install via UEFI.

rufus http://rufus.akeo.ie/ it only has the one exe that you can delete later

load the ISO in then set the settings. Probably make the BIOS and UEFI compatible one but when installing try to install via UEFI.

Actually it did give the option to install by creating media. The 8.1 installer burned the ISO itself

Actually it did give the option to install by creating media. The 8.1 installer burned the ISO itself

ok cool well I would keep the ISO just incase you need to do it again.