Windows or Android? Tablets...

Nasirdude3211

So i want a 10'' tablet for media viewing, games, and portabilty. 

My sister just bought a HP omni 10 tablet for $250 and that has windows, but she's 

planing to use the word proccesor for writing papers and stuff...

I want to get a tablet now but not sure what to get. Android (I have a HTC one M8)

or a windows tablet? 

1 q i have is...

Are all the same apps or games in the google play store in the game store for windows?

EDIT:

I want to use Nvidia Game stream!

And write a paper or two on the road once in a while.

if you want to use gamestream, there is a nice little app on the playstore called Limelight which you can use :D

Go with Android. Wide range of apps, flexible functionality, better support and updates.

Yah that's what i was thinking...

What would y'all Suggest? something 10" and under $300.

Windows tablets are more business oriented, Android could better serve your purpose!

i have a surface rt and i love it.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Windows tablets are more business oriented, Android could better serve your purpose!

Yah i see that.. Which kind would you suggest?

I have a Surface 2 and I use it for the stuff you describe, and I really like it. I can easily recommend getting a Windows tablet and actually, dare I say it, I would recommend a Windows 8 RT tablet as some sort of merge between RT and Windows Phone is rumoured in 2015 (although no specifics or confirmations are present).

Nevertheless, get whichever OS you prefer as they are both equally good at what you are planning on using it for. Android has more apps because the Play Store is older, but Windows Marketplace has a lot of apps and games as well.

And I wouldn't say Android has better support and updates. My Surface 2 gets updates as frequently as any Windows PC does. Microsoft knows what they are doing in terms of updating their software.

If you only want media consumption and you're not going with the "desktop" grade Windows tablet you're better off with Android imho.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Yah i see that.. Which kind would you suggest?

I would say go for Android, you will have more games to choose from!

Andriod.  Nexus 10.  You can get them refurbished from Wal-Mart for pretty cheap.  Had mine for over almost 2 years now, no issues.

I would say go for Android, you will have more games to choose from!

Andriod.  Nexus 10.  You can get them refurbished from Wal-Mart for pretty cheap.  Had mine for over almost 2 years now, no issues.

I'd say android to but i cant find a good tablet!  I want a 10" one.

Nexus 10 is old, looks nice, but old and i don't buy refurb in fear of it breaking 6 months down the line...

Any other suggestions?

Something with 2GB of RAM would be good too...

I dont mind the windows tablets either they look really good.

People that don't buy units that are factory refurbished because they 'might break' are funny.  They are factory refurbished.  By the same factory that's building the new ones.  So how do you buy new ones?  They could just as easily break 6 months down the line.

I've started buying almost all consumer electronics refurbed.  So far I've had far more new objects break prematurely than refurbs.  

I've used most of the nexus devices, a couple samsung tablets, the iPAD air, and a couple Microsoft Surface tablets.  Nexus is by far the best IMO for overall usability and cost effectiveness. 

If you ever want to 'write a paper' on this device, I would go with the Surface with keyboard.  There is no way, without an extra bluetooth keyboard, you're going to want to write more than a few sentences on any tablet without one.

I'd say android to but i cant find a good tablet!  I want a 10" one.

Nexus 10 is old, looks nice, but old and i don't buy refurb in fear of it breaking 6 months down the line...

Any other suggestions?

Something with 2GB of RAM would be good too...

I dont mind the windows tablets either they look really good.

Then the 2013 Nexus 7 maybe there the 2014 edition will come out this month or maybe that rumored Nexus 9 in the fall will be taking the N7 out. But if you don't want to wait you can get a 32GB 2013 N7 on ebay for about 160 (the last time I saw) or 220bucks.

$$金Trill金$$

Maybe the Nexus 10 its more han $300 but from what I've heard about it is that its pretty good. And those prices are USD so not sure elsewhere.

People that don't buy units that are factory refurbished because they 'might break' are funny.  They are factory refurbished.  By the same factory that's building the new ones.  So how do you buy new ones?  They could just as easily break 6 months down the line.

I've started buying almost all consumer electronics refurbed.  So far I've had far more new objects break prematurely than refurbs.  

I've used most of the nexus devices, a couple samsung tablets, the iPAD air, and a couple Microsoft Surface tablets.  Nexus is by far the best IMO for overall usability and cost effectiveness. 

If you ever want to 'write a paper' on this device, I would go with the Surface with keyboard.  There is no way, without an extra bluetooth keyboard, you're going to want to write more than a few sentences on any tablet without one.

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike refurb its just certain things you just dont get. and a phone/ tablet is one. If it factory refurb thats different. But just some random joe that fixed up a broken tablet? im good.

I might get a bluetooht keyboard. But i dont want a surface they are way to clunky.

Don't get me wrong. I don't dislike refurb its just certain things you just dont get. and a phone/ tablet is one. If it factory refurb thats different. But just some random joe that fixed up a broken tablet? im good.

I might get a bluetooht keyboard. But i dont want a surface they are way to clunky.

Yes, I'm talking factory refurb only.

It doesn't sound like any current tablet is going to work for you.  Your price and form factor requirements put you out of range of pretty much anything on the market.  You'll just have to wait.