Alphacool NexXxoS GPX

Basically, does anyone have any experience with them? I can't find any reviews/comparisons. It's quite a new product I believe, as there are no Nvidia products yet.

As far as I'm aware:

Pro's:

€15 Cheaper than comparable products

Comes with backplate

Con's:

Only chip is watercooled, rest is "passively cooled" (?)

Questionable aesthetics

Really doubting the whole passive cooling thing.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

There are a few things that cast doubt on that for me. 

1) the GPU block is at a 45 degree angle and I know that the ref 290/290x are not on the PCB like that. so would that even fit?

2) (based on my past experience) That will not be able to cool a 290/290x... not a hope in hell. I attempted to fit a gelid rev.2 + 290x enhancement kit and It preformed worse than the ref cooler. It could not keep the VRM's under 100c and that's just too warm for me. (under a benchmark)

I have come to the conclusion that the only thing you can do with them is to keep them as is or LC them  :( .

(owner of two 290x's)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

There are a few things that cast doubt on that for me. 

1) the GPU block is at a 45 degree angle and I know that the ref 290/290x are not on the PCB like that. so would that even fit?

2) (based on my past experience) That will not be able to cool a 290/290x... not a hope in hell. I attempted to fit a gelid rev.2 + 290x enhancement kit and It preformed worse than the ref cooler. It could not keep the VRM's under 100c and that's just too warm for me. (under a benchmark)

I have come to the conclusion that the only thing you can do with them is to keep them as is or LC them  :( .

(owner of two 290x's)

Should've added. I linked the 2.0 version, which is meant for MSI Radeon Gaming cards (Non-ref design). http://www.aquatuning.nl/detail/index/sArticle/17508/sCategory/4797 This should be for ref cards. 

And your 2nd point, I thought so too. Guess I'll cough up an additional €30 for the GPU cards.

It is said, that civilised man seeks out good and intelligent company, so that through learned discourse he may rise above the savage and closer to God. Personally, however, I like to start the day with a total dickhead to remind me I'm best! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Huginn,

The Alphacool GPX range is of course very new so only now are reviews starting to be published.

The GPX works in two ways the GPU core is actively cooled by direct contact to the GPU core block. The base of the core block has two levels, one touches the core the other touches the plate so the plate is also cooled by the block.

Because of this design your GPU will be cooled perfectly and there is only a minimal difference between that and full cover block. In fact it is even cooler then some full cover blocks :)