8320 BF4 Lag Spikes?

I'm getting random lag spikes when I turn quickly or aim down my sights in bf4.  I upgraded my cpu from the 6350 to the 8320 yesterday which is when the spikes started.  Thanks in advance.

I'm getting random lag spikes when I turn quickly or aim down my sights in bf4. I upgraded my cpu from the 6350 to the 8320 yesterday which is when the spikes started. Thanks in advance.

If you suspect the CPU then u should check your usage while playing. Is it throttling?
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

If you suspect the CPU then u should check your usage while playing. Is it throttling?

lemme see

lemme see

Well actually I doubt it.  I have the same mobo that tek syndicate used on a 9000 series and it handled it fine.  As for cooling i have the 212 evo... Shouldn't I be fine?

Well actually I doubt it. I have the same mobo that tek syndicate used on a 9000 series and it handled it fine. As for cooling i have the 212 evo... Shouldn't I be fine?

Could be a bad chip is what I was getting at. Lag can be caused by numerous things. The only way to determine what is causing it is through process of elimination.

Well actually I doubt it.  I have the same mobo that tek syndicate used on a 9000 series and it handled it fine.  As for cooling i have the 212 evo... Shouldn't I be fine?

on operation locker it's staying at a steady 3.8Ghz... but most of the lag was on larger maps.  now that i think about it could it be ram? i swapped my single stick 8 gig for dual 4 gigs...

Could be a bad chip is what I was getting at. Lag can be caused by numerous things. The only way to determine what is causing it is through process of elimination.

Mobo or cpu chip? The mobo worked fine for my 6350

on operation locker it's staying at a steady 3.8Ghz... but most of the lag was on larger maps. now that i think about it could it be ram? i swapped my single stick 8 gig for dual 4 gigs...

I have dual 4 gigs with no issues. Could be the server you are on also.

I have dual 4 gigs with no issues. Could be the server you are on also.

Ik that.  just figured something could have gone wrong with install but i dont think so

I've tried multiple servers...

The 8320 doesnt do that much better than a 6350 in BF4. Just go back to your 6350.

The 8320 does better then the 6350.

The lag spikes are common issue with bf4 and bf3 no matter what GPU/CPU you have. Some people get it some people dont

check the battlefield benchmarks in there, the 8350 does better at bf4 then the 4770K :)

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

If you use mantle there can be lag spikes because it tries to use more VRAM then your card has.

The lag spikes are common issue with bf4 and bf3 no matter what GPU/CPU you have. Some people get it some people dont

check the battlefield benchmarks in there, the 8350 does better at bf4 then the 4770K :)

AHAHAHA you're sooo funny...i owned both CPU and i can assure you that the 4770K is a vastly superior chip...no AMD CPU stand a chance against it in ANY games out there...

i owned an FX-8320 that i used to run @4.6GHZ with my GTX 780 and it was no slouch but compare to my i7 it's fairly slow...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

If you use mantle there can be lag spikes because it tries to use more VRAM then your card has.

exactly this.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

That you even soloclaimed that the 8350 does better than a 4770K in BF4 tells us enough that you should do your research better and get some proper understanding behind multithreading/parallelism coding. You'll never see games magically saturating 8 threads to the max bringing AMD somehow on the top. You can't multithread every task, many things you can't multithread, physics engine in BF4 isn't that great threaded looks like it relies on per core performance, mantle offloaded this to the gpu that's why it reduced cpu bottlenecking by a fair amount.

Also I never said that the 8350 doesn't do any better than the 6350. It just performs a lil bit better, the game just can't take a 8350 above 75% load anyways that's why there's barely a difference. Only gamegpu has been claiming it, any other source disagreed with them.

exactly this.

AHAHAHA you're sooo funny...i owned both CPU and i can assure you that the 4770K is a vastly superior chip...no AMD CPU stand a chance against it in ANY games out there...

i owned an FX-8320 that i used to run @4.6GHZ with my GTX 780 and it was no slouch but compare to my i7 it's fairly slow...

Firstly mantel does not cause lag spikes... Secondly the 8350 did an amazing job compaired to the 4770K. It was done by our own member "fatal1sm".

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Firstly mantel does not cause lag spikes... Secondly the 8350 did an amazing job compaired to the 4770K. It was done by our own member "fatal1sm".

Ah so you're from teksyndicate? Tells us more. First of all he showed that the 8350 is faster than the 4770K in Arma 3. Another guy who thinks AMD's single core performance is better.

Also it's true what they're saying, mantle uses more memory and its even confirmed by a thief developer.

Question in Dutch: Bij de snelle CPU’s zagen we dat de Mantle-versie van Thief soms iets langzamer is dan de DirectX implementatie. Hoe kan dat?

Question in English: Sometimes we saw faster cpu's performing better with DX than mantle, how's that possible?

Answer in Dutch: Een aantal zaken: vaak is het verschil maar 1 à 3 procent. Dat zit gewoon in de ruis van de benchmark. Soms is het verschil groter en dat is voornamelijk bij kaarten met 2GB of minder geheugen. In de Mantle-versie van de game doen we het geheugenbeheer immers zelf en dat hebben we nog niet geoptimaliseerd voor kaarten met een beperkte hoeveelheid geheugen. Dat wordt in een toekomstige versie opgelost.

In de regel zou je moeten zien dat wanneer de bottleneck bij de GPU ligt dat er weinig tot geen verschil is en dat wanneer de bottleneck bij de CPU ligt er een zeer groot verschil is.

Answer in English: In a few cases its only a minor difference of 1-3%, sometimes the difference is bigger because the problem relies on cards with 2GB or less memory. We still have to optimize the memory management for mantle, this will be fixed somewhere in the future. Usually the difference is minor when the gpu is the bottleneck but however in a cpu bound scenario there's a big difference.

Source: http://be.hardware.info/reviews/5506/5/mantle-voor-thief-een-interview-met-de-ontwikkelaars-resultaten-in-de-praktijk-en-crossfire

The 8350 is up to 100% slower than a 4770k, end of it. That dude needs to learn the difference between being cpu & gpu bound instead of adding a shitload of graphics mods wrecking the gpu's performance thinking its pushing the cpu to its limit making a stupid conclusion that the 8350 is just as fast a 4770k.

Ah so you're from teksyndicate? Tells us more. First of all he showed that the 8350 is faster than the 4770K in Arma 3. Another guy who thinks AMD's single core performance is better.

Also it's true what they're saying, mantle uses more memory and its even confirmed by a thief developer.

The 8350 is up to 100% slower than a 4770k, end of it. That dude needs to learn the difference between being cpu & gpu bound instead of adding a shitload of graphics mods wrecking the gpu's performance thinking its pushing the cpu to its limit making a stupid conclusion that the 8350 is just as fast a 4770k.

Adding graphics mod recks the game lol ok if you say so :) Secondly he is not the only one, check  out tech spots benchmark :) I'm not saying the 8350 is faster, im just saying its good a job keeping up to the 4770K for its price ;)

Arma lll runs terrible, no one was saying the AMD has better single core performance, not even fatal him self, stop being a fan boy and face some facts ;)

And no im not from techsydicate but I am subscribe on their youtube :)

Slick:

100% slower?.........pulled straight out of your big fat ass. Kids like you are the reason people are so misinformed.

In with the fanboys... Getting upset their 4770k was kept under wraps by a CPU that costs £100 less. He showed facts, and you just raged. Care to show where it is up to 100% slower in gaming?

Also Mantle gave me a 60% increase in frames, and before you call it 'fabricated', here is the thread: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179692-r9-290x-dx11-vs-mantle-thief

Adding graphics mod recks the game lol ok if you say so :) Secondly he is not the only one, check  out tech spots benchmark :) I'm not saying the 8350 is faster, im just saying its good a job keeping up to the 4770K for its price ;)

Arma lll runs terrible, no one was saying the AMD has better single core performance, not even fatal him self, stop being a fan boy and face some facts ;)

100% slower?.........pulled straight out of your big fat ass. Kids like you are the reason people are so misinformed.

I agree with you guys wholly, because I mean... the future is all about that single core performance...

I'm getting random lag spikes when I turn quickly or aim down my sights in bf4.  I upgraded my cpu from the 6350 to the 8320 yesterday which is when the spikes started.  Thanks in advance.

Does it happen with Mantle enabled?

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

In with the fanboys... Getting upset their 4770k was kept under wraps by a CPU that costs £100 less. He showed facts, and you just raged. Care to show where it is up to 100% slower in gaming?

I agree with you guys wholly, because I mean... the future is all about that single core performance...

I just hate it when people throw stupid numbers out there just because they are Fanboys. Like 100% faster bahahaha. The I7 47xxk is a better chip and I can agree with that but its not by any means that much better. Single core is its biggest advantage. Price point the 8350 has it beat. Unless you like dumping money because you are a Benchaholic and your like derp derp look at my benchmark bro

I just hate it when people throw stupid numbers out there just because they are Fanboys. Like 100% faster bahahaha. The I7 47xxk is a better chip and I can agree with that but its not by any means that much better. Single core is its biggest advantage. Price point the 8350 has it beat. Unless you like dumping money because you are a Benchaholic and your like derp derp look at my benchmark bro

I have been using my FX-8350 for the best part of a year and it has handle every single game thrown at it at max settings along with my 290X apart from Crysis 3. The amount of fanboying on this forum at the moment is so damn annoying, I got told the other day that my 8350 was bottlenecking my 290X when like 99% of other places say it doesn't... It's so stupid it's unreal.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz, 1.3v with Corsair H100i - Motherboard: MSI MPOWER Z97 MAX AC - RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill Ares @ 2133 - GPU1: Sapphire Radeon R9-290X BF4 Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 GPU2: PowerColor Radeon R9-290X OC Edition with NZXT Kraken G10 with a Corsair H55 AIO @ 1140/1650 - SSD: 256GB OCZ Agility 4 - HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ- PSU: SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 1300w  - Case: NZXT Switch 810 (White) - Case fans: NZXT Blue LED Fans- Keyboard: Steelseries Apex Gaming Keyboard - Mouse: Logitech G600 - Heaphones: Logitech G930 - Monitors: ASUS PB287Q and Acer G246HYLbd -  Phone: Sony Xperia Z1

I have been using my FX-8350 for the best part of a year and it has handle every single game thrown at it at max settings along with my 290X apart from Crysis 3. The amount of fanboying on this forum at the moment is so damn annoying, I got told the other day that my 8350 was bottlenecking my 290X when like 99% of other places say it doesn't... It's so stupid it's unreal.

Lol no way a 8350 will bottleneck a 290x unless your chip is throttling. I have also noticed the immense amount of Fanboyism on this site in the short time I have been here. Tis the interwebs though lol

Lol no way a 8350 will bottleneck a 290x unless your chip is throttling. I have also noticed the immense amount of Fanboyism on this site in the short time I have been here. Tis the interwebs though lol

I make all my decisions based on facts, not what people say, it helps make choices, the £100 higher price tag of the 4770k doesn't even slightly warrant the maybe 3-5 fps increase.

O god.

See links below. 4770K is up to 50% faster in BF4.

Being proved here by multiple sources:

FX 9590:

When are you going to face the goddamn facts? Stop sucking AMD's **** and lying your ass off here all the freaking time. You have had real time evidence that 8350's bottleneck, you had credible sources that pointed the same thing out that 8350's bottleneck and perform worse than their Intel equivalent.

Lying that a 8350 doesnt bottleneck, it is on par with any high-end Intel cpu, or even better, blablabla.

Exactly. Nothing. The average loads for AMD has been around 60-70%, I've kept it flawlessly at its max load.

I make all my decisions based on facts, not what people say, it helps make choices, the £100 higher price tag of the 4770k doesn't even slightly warrant the maybe 3-5 fps increase.

No, you love AMD's ****.