The right wattage

DigiKing

I'm doing a new build soon and I'd like your guys' input on the power supply. Would 650w be enough for a 4790k and a 780? I watched Linus' techquickie and used the cooler master psu calculator. It said 461w, but I wasn't sure seeing as that was a synthetic calculation. Real world, is 650 enough? FYI, I don't intend to go SLI in the future so I don't need the extra head room.

He who dies with the most tools wins.

Yes it will be more than enough to run this system so you will be fine overclocking on the psu (as long as its a good quality 650w).

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

yep, i'll be fine.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

You can probably go even less.