Any thoughts on this build?

mhbone21

This is my first PC build and I am building it for my Dad. I may add a regular hard drive later, so thats why the SSD is so small.

If anyone could give me some feedback, that would be epic.

I want it to be an Intel based build with a price max of $550.  I don't want to cheap out on any parts.  If anyone could give some feedback, that would be great!

PC Part Picker:

Intel Core i3-4150, NZXT Source 210 (Black) - Family Computer - mhbone's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

Looks pretty good to me. I'm guessing this is going to be used for mainly Office work and web surfing?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

You really won't need that motherboard.

Potatoes are good for your nostrils.

Cut the V300 and get another SSD, and you'll be good to go. Also, you'll be fine with a H or B chipset, since you can't even OC an i3.

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

Cut the V300 and get another SSD, and you'll be good to go. Also, you'll be fine with a H or B chipset, since you can't even OC an i3.

What ssd and MOBO do you suggest.  I would like 4 slots for ram for future upgrades.

What ssd and MOBO do you suggest.  I would like 4 slots for ram for future upgrades.

Samsungs 840 EVO drives are cheap, fast and reliable, get one of those. Also there are way cheaper 1150 MBs with four ram slots, if you are willing to go mATX, and the Z87 version of this board is cheaper and has four slots.

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

This is my first PC build and I am building it for my Dad. I may add a regular hard drive later, so thats why the SSD is so small.

If anyone could give me some feedback, that would be epic.

I want it to be an Intel based build with a price max of $550.  I don't want to cheap out on any parts.  If anyone could give some feedback, that would be great!

PC Part Picker:

Intel Core i3-4150, NZXT Source 210 (Black) - Family Computer - mhbone's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker

You can save a little going with Windows 8.1 64-bit (OEM).

An Antec Basiq BP-350 psu will save a little more and for its price is a decent unit. Better though would be to go with something like a Corsair CX-430M. A little more expensive than the Rosewill but it is 80+ Bronze and modular.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.