What is the best way to host my own VOIP server?

I want to host my own VOIP server, something like a teamspeak3 server or mumble something like that. I DON'T want to have one hosted for me (like rent one from a website).

How much would it cost, and if possible a part list :)

After years and years of moving from host to host, I have found that NFOServers are the best I rent one of their 10 slot teamspeaks for $2.29 a month. Been with them for 2 years and have had no issues.

but as you don't want that you can just download the server files and host it on your home system. if you can run the client on your PC then you can run the server. But I would highly suggest renting one, otherwise you can make the Teamspeak lag when playing games online, plus renting one ensures that it will be up 24 hours 7 days a week.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

After years and years of moving from host to host, I have found that NFOServers are the best I rent one of their 10 slot teamspeaks for $2.29 a month. Been with them for 2 years and have had no issues.

but as you don't want that you can just download the server files and host it on your home system.

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to have a dedicated system to host it on because I don't have a very good internet connection here and at another place I have a much better internet speeds :) And I don't like leaving my pc on for ages :)

Thanks for the reply, I wanted to have a dedicated system to host it on because I don't have a very good internet connection here and at another place I have a much better internet speeds :) And I don't like leaving my pc on for ages :)

If I remember correctly they have put a limit on max users for home servers (without buying a license) I think its 10 slots for TeamSpeak and 8 slots for Ventrilo, not sure about mumble as I never liked the look of it.

Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

If I remember correctly they have put a limit on max users for home servers (without buying a license) I think its 10 slots for TeamSpeak and 8 slots for Ventrilo, not sure about mumble as I never liked the look of it.

I found something which will allow you to have a lot more users on your server, haven't tried yet though http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php

I found something which will allow you to have a lot more users on your server, haven't tried yet though http://npl.teamspeakusa.com/ts3npl.php

Non profit license is very good, I have one somewhere, allows you to have 512 slots and up to 10 virtual teamspeak servers.

Addon Customs -

Non profit license is very good, I have one somewhere, allows you to have 512 slots and up to 10 virtual teamspeak servers.

Anyways, :P You don't know like a cheap system which would allow me to host a VOIP server? I heard something about raspberryPi and mumble hosting :)