Blue Yeti Question

Woody
Go to solution Solved by ThyFeared,

Go to tools>options>Advanced and it's in hotkeys near the bottom 

So shortly after I got my keyboard with blue switches, I got the Blue Yeti. Well, sometimes me and my friends use Skype (I prefer teamspeak) and that doesn't allow me to do any push to talk. I have it set to where the Blue Yeti picks up everything from the front, I believe the heart shaped symbol, yet they can hear my blue switches perfectly. I have the microphone standing up and in front of me while my keyboard is behind it. What can I do so that when I am using Skype, I can eliminate the sounds of my blue switches? Is there any kind of plugin for Skype that does push to talk?

Skype has PTT in it already, I just can't remember off the top of my head how to turn it on.

Go to tools>options>Advanced and it's in hotkeys near the bottom 

wasnt it actually push to mute? then if you muted yourself, and pushed it, it would function the same as ptt.   i remember it being really arbitrary.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

All you have to do is click the mute button in skype first, then use push to talk. try it in skype test.

So shortly after I got my keyboard with blue switches, I got the Blue Yeti. Well, sometimes me and my friends use Skype (I prefer teamspeak) and that doesn't allow me to do any push to talk. I have it set to where the Blue Yeti picks up everything from the front, I believe the heart shaped symbol, yet they can hear my blue switches perfectly. I have the microphone standing up and in front of me while my keyboard is behind it. What can I do so that when I am using Skype, I can eliminate the sounds of my blue switches? Is there any kind of plugin for Skype that does push to talk?

I see a lot of people making this mistake, so just to be sure - you didn't point the top of the mic at your mouth, did you? Because if you did, then the diaphragm is actually going to be facing down.

speak_into_the_mic.jpg

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

Yeah I made sure not to do that. I saw that in a video and was like, well shit. xD Thanks anyways bro!