Origin isn't actually snooping around...

Ineko

“The screenshots circulated recently do not reveal information collected by Origin,” she wrote. “Instead, they reflect typical Windows processes indicating registry paths.”

Link to the response from EA: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2454100/ea-dismisses-claim-its-origin-software-spies-on-users.html

GMMan_BZFlag also made a post on r/pcmasterrace explaining what is going on.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2as6ba/origin_isnt_really_snooping_files/

tl;dr: Origin is not looking through your UserAssist registry key. It's Windows that's doing it during the course of an unrelated API call.

Another good guy point to EA. Glad I don't really need to worry about Origin being all suss and stuff, not like I'd do anything about it anyway though. 
I'm just waiting for Ubisoft to go and do something stupid now, they seem to do so every time EA does something cool.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

AFAIK it was never what Origin was actually doing, but what their original EULA for it would have allowed them to do that caused all the privacy concerns with Origin in the first place.

Either way, my hard drive is not that fast so If they where snooping around I would only care about the fact that it would be slowing it down! :P

CPU - i5 4670K || Motherboard - Asus Z87-C  || RAM - Crucial Ballistix Tactical Memory 8GB || GPU - ASUS GTX 970 Strix || Case - Corsair 330R || Storage - 1TB Seagate || PSU - Corsair CX750 || Displays - AOC 21.5 LED x2 || Cooling - Arctic F12 PWM (x2) Corsair 120+140mm || Keyboard - Corsair K70 MX Red || Mouse - Roccat Kova+ || Sound - Thermaltake TTe Shock Headset

@Ineko nice icon ;)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Another good guy point to EA. Glad I don't really need to worry about Origin being all suss and stuff, not like I'd do anything about it anyway though. 

I'm just waiting for Ubisoft to go and do something stupid now, they seem to do so every time EA does something cool.

Good guy point? Well it's not so much that they did something right, but didn't do something overtly wrong, or anything in particular for that matter. EA also doesn't throw kittens in ovens, but I wouldn't award them a good guy point for that. :P

Good guy point? Well it's not so much that they did something right, but didn't do something overtly wrong, or anything in particular for that matter. EA also doesn't throw kittens in ovens, but I wouldn't award them a good guy point for that. :P

I didn't kill anyone today, where is my cookie?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.