Is there such an app?

Marvzl1357

Hullo,

My friend and I came up with an idea for an app that consolidates all your messages into one app (WhatsApp, text, messenger etc).

Just wondering if such an app already exists and if so, what's it called?

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I'm not sure it's possible. All of the given apps would have to have an API which I'm not sure they do. @Marvzl1357

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Hullo,

My friend and I came up with an idea for an app that consolidates all your messages into one app (WhatsApp, text, messenger etc).

Just wondering if such an app already exists and if so, what's it called?

Not sure about Whatsapp but there are some that support many different chat protocols. Talkonaut is one of them on iOS. There are others too. I don't think many interact with Whatsapp or the text messages though. Adding texts in can't be that hard. Whatsapp on the other hand, probably a bit difficult as it's not an open platform.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Not sure about Whatsapp but there are some that support many different chat protocols. Talkonaut is one of them on iOS. There are others too. I don't think many interact with Whatsapp or the text messages though. Adding texts in can't be that hard. Whatsapp on the other hand, probably a bit difficult as it's not an open platform.

Isn't it mostly about noticing the incoming message from (insert app) and then intercepting it so it instead of going to (insert app) it goes to this Talkanaut type app and everything gets collected there. The problem I see with this is that you'd have to add individual support for apps, so you'd have to add KiK messenger, Whatsapp and lets say Viber all separately.

So I can put anything here?

Isn't it mostly about noticing the incoming message from (insert app) and then intercepting it so it instead of going to (insert app) it goes to this Talkanaut type app and everything gets collected there. The problem I see with this is that you'd have to add individual support for apps, so you'd have to add KiK messenger, Whatsapp and lets say Viber all separately.

Most chat programs use an open API that you can use, like XMPP, IRC, libPurple, AIM, that sort of thing. The problem is that, say, Whatsapp, probably doesn't. You could try to intercept the messages but it's probably not really possible. First of all, on iOS (and to some extent also Android but not quite as much), each app runs in its own little space and has very limited ways of interacting with other apps so intercepting trafic isn't easy. Secondly, even if you did, how do you know what that data means? It's not as if everything comes through as plaintext, you know. That's a lot of reverse engineering to be done. I don' think that's worth the effort.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

First thing I thought of.

A bit different to what you want though lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytc9-wGCHW0

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Yeah I wasn't sure exactly how it would work but I just thought it would be cool to have an app that does consolidate everything into one app.

I didn't know that there were different protocols for chat, I was thinking you could make an app that pretty much acts as a "commander" app that tells whichever app you choose to send whatever message you type.

But.... I'm not an app developer so I don't know anything

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

This at the moment would be very hard to do, as WhatsApp dosn't even have a API. 

But give it a try, you might find a way to do it.