Ubuntu Phone OS

TechBlitZ

I think the Ubuntu phone OS looks beautiful, fluid and pretty awesome. The Ubuntu for Galaxy Nexus is coming late February, along with the sourcode, anyone interested in getting it?

I already own a Samsung S3 but would love the Ubuntu OS, but do you think it will be better than Android? Which is getting quite mature now.

The ubuntu phone looks and sounds amazing, I can't wait to get some hands on experience with it. I too currently have a galaxy S3, hopefully with a rooted phone we will be able to install an Ubuntu rom onto it. (One can only dream)

Also there is a discussion about the Ubuntu phone you may want to check out. There's nothing substantial in it as for the most part just people drooling over the future of ubuntu capabilities

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/community-portal/consumer-electronics-show-2013/40630-ubuntu-phone

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

It does look nice, but from the videos it looked like the gestures needed refining, I noticed sometimes the gestures didn't work or when they did they did the wrong thing. I think it does need a fair bit more refining, but i do look forward to seeing what style of programming will be available for extra apps... if any will be available to add to it at all (and if there isn't I'll be disappointed)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I'm really excited about Ubuntu for phones. I own a Galaxy Nexus and can't wait to flash Ubuntu :D

I like that it has no soft or hard buttons. As long as the gestures work fine i think that's the way to go for phone OS's

AsRock Z77 Extreme 4 - Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,5GHz - EKL Alpenföhn Himalaya CPU Air Cooler - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600Mhz - Asus GTX 970 Strix - Samsung SSD 840 EVO 240GB - Samsung SSD 830 128GB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 600W - Creative Sound Blaster Z - NZXT Phantom

Me and a couple friends will most likely be taking the source code and implementing an iOS mod, for those interested.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I have a 2.5 year old HTC desire atm and i am hoping i can use the new OS with it. If there's no official support for it, i'm going to give it a go myself