Asus PB278Q

Smithy2402

Just a couple of questions regarding this 2560x1440p monitor.

1)Is it actually a Pro Art monitor, even though it is 'PB'?

2)Is it any good for gaming (much input lag)?

3)If I was to use this with a gaming console at 1080p, will there be black bars on the side?

Would be very much appreciated if you could get back.

1) No.

2) It is fine for gaming.

3) No. 

Thanks! :)

It's one if the best IPS monitors for PC gaming, also 1080p on a native 1080p monitor will look better then on a native 1440p, but since it's a console it won't look much different either way.

They are by far the best 27" in my opinion. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Just bought it from amazon, took 1 day to get to my door, the quality is amazing holy F*ck.

Havent tested it with games yet, but booted up League Of Legends to see the quality and the difference from my old monitor is amazing, the colours are so much more vibrant! price wise not too sure if it was worth it but im happy I got it.

Edit: Just played Farcry 3 Blood Dragon, was not disappointed, damn it really did make me feel like I was in a cheesy 80's action movie, dem lazors and neons...

Just bought it from amazon, took 1 day to get to my door, the quality is amazing holy F*ck.

Havent tested it with games yet, but booted up League Of Legends to see the quality and the difference from my old monitor is amazing, the colours are so much more vibrant! price wise not too sure if it was worth it but im happy I got it.

I've had exactly the same experience with my 278Q.  It's incredible and I managed to snag it for far less than retail buying it second hand.

Quick question on this monitor, does it have picture in picture? Read a review and they mentioned it, but haven't been able to find it mentioned in the manual. Cheers.

Quick question on this monitor, does it have picture in picture? Read a review and they mentioned it, but haven't been able to find it mentioned in the manual. Cheers.

I don't believe it does, I certainly can't find it anywhere in the menus.

If you can afford it, get this monitor. It's fantastic. Really shows when your build can handle games with intense graphics at this res.

Git Gud.