Anyone from the UK use ambient lighting with their PC/Monitors?

F2K8

Hey, I'm struggling to find ambient lighting kits to put behind my monitor, I've found a few but they're on American sites and too expensive to ship over, anyone else found a good kit I could use around £20 or cheaper? Don't want to spend too much on a bunch of lights. 

I've been recommended just regular LED's, but which ones would I buy, and would they create an even glow? If anyone is doing that atm, could you possibly show me pictures of your setup (front and back of the monitor) please, thank you, any help is appreciated. 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Hey, I'm struggling to find ambient lighting kits to put behind my monitor, I've found a few but they're on American sites and too expensive to ship over, anyone else found a good kit I could use around £20 or cheaper? Don't want to spend too much on a bunch of lights. 

I've been recommended just regular LED's, but which ones would I buy, and would they create an even glow? If anyone is doing that atm, could you possibly show me pictures of your setup (front and back of the monitor) please, thank you, any help is appreciated. 

I saw an RGB kit yesterday in IKEA for £25

But ebay is also great http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterproof-5M-300-LED-3528-RGB-SMD-Strip-Light-12V-Remote-Controller-Adapter-/261138493440?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Night_Lights_Fairy_Lights&hash=item3ccd113000

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

I'm pretty sure amazon has a uk site, so look for normal leds that you can run from molex or dc power if you don't mind turning it on separately from your pc, and then get like a tube of frosted glass or plastic that you can cut in half and put the leds inside for a more even light distribution. I've seen it on a build log on the forum a looong time ago, if I find it I'll let you know.

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

I have RGB ikea kit. Cost less than 50 euros I think and I attached them behind my monitors with 2 sided tape, it's great. Although I use only white always so I didn't even need RBG but still. It can also pulsate between colors or flash between them.

2014-06-01%2000.21.40.jpg

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

I'm pretty sure amazon has a uk site, so look for normal leds that you can run from molex or dc power if you don't mind turning it on separately from your pc, and then get like a tube of frosted glass or plastic that you can cut in half and put the leds inside for a more even light distribution. I've seen it on a build log on the forum a looong time ago, if I find it I'll let you know.

Thanks, what would I stick it on to the back of the monitor with? Just regular tape? The back of my monitor is glossy, so I hope that doesn't affect it.

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Thanks, what would I stick it on to the back of the monitor with? Just regular tape? The back of my monitor is glossy, so I hope that doesn't affect it.

You can probably use some double sided 3m tape or velcro if you want a less permanent solution

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Thanks for the help guys, I think I'll buy this cheap one first to test it out: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Led-Strip-30CM-Light-3528-Waterproof-With-USB-Port-Cable-Super-Bright-To-PC-Tab-/171278880459?pt=US_Lighting_Parts_and_Accessories&var=&hash=item27e1044ecb

If all works out good, I'll invest in a proper kit. Cheers. 

I have RGB ikea kit. Cost less than 50 euros I think and I attached them behind my monitors with 2 sided tape, it's great. Although I use only white always so I didn't even need RBG but still. It can also pulsate between colors or flash between them.

That looks fantastic, I'm also going with a white kit since I have the ASUS MX239H which looks like this..

1339139379.jpeg

search led strips in ebay 

Picked myself a set this week arrived in two days and loving the underglow of the lights, currently have them installed sticked under my desk illuminating the surrounds  :D

Btw i only payed about £7 and that's for a 5 meter strip 

search led strips in ebay 

Picked myself a set this week arrived in two days and loving the underglow of the lights, currently have them installed sticked under my desk illuminating the surrounds  :D

Btw i only payed about £7 and that's for a 5 meter strip 

Could you provide a link please? Thanks!

Oh, thanks, could you show me a pic of your set up? Don't know whether I should only stick it on the back of my monitor or do what you did, thanks!