Fractal Design Arc Midi R3?

Gachr

Hello, it is well over a year since Fractal Design released their Arc Midi R2, and I was wondering about the third revision of the case. I hope it comes this year, we will see. I hope it will be awesome, then I'll sell everything (well, just my case) and buy it.

So, if there is any info or something in the future, you could post it here, but...

I would like to ask you - what do you want FD to improve in the R3?

My list:

SSD brackets for rear

360mm support on top

Removable ODD bay

4x USB 3.0

Something like NZXT 3+2+1 drive cages

External fan controller instead of built-in one (probably won't happen)

Hello, it is well over a year since Fractal Design released their Arc Midi R2, and I was wondering about the third revision of the case. I hope it comes this year, we will see. I hope it will be awesome, then I'll sell everything (well, just my case) and buy it.

So, if there is any info or something in the future, you could post it here, but...

I would like to ask you - what do you want FD to improve in the R3?

My list:

SSD brackets for rear

360mm support on top

Removable ODD bay

4x USB 3.0

Something like NZXT 3+2+1 drive cages

External fan controller instead of built-in one (probably won't happen)

Mini R2 has the top 3 you listed. As for the others I don't really agree much as I don't use front usb ports much ; I just ripped out the hdd cages anyway because I only use 2 ssds and I just wish the fan controller powered more fans.

I'd like to see :

3 fans in the front

A hdd/psu cover like in the enthoo primo / bitfenix ronin

Less depth because if I have a long gpu then I will make space in the bays no need to waste space.

Front side intakes like the r4

Up to 6 fan controller

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Mini R2 has the top 3 you listed. As for the others I don't really agree much as I don't use front usb ports much ; I just ripped out the hdd cages anyway because I only use 2 ssds and I just wish the fan controller powered more fans.

I'd like to see :

3 fans in the front

A hdd/psu cover like in the enthoo primo / bitfenix ronin

Less depth because if I have a long gpu then I will make space in the bays no need to waste space.

Front side intakes like the r4

Up to 6 fan controller

Yeah, I know, so there things are quite sure in R3. More USB3 on the front will be great for many people, no offense but nobody cares if you don't use them. About the cages - many people have just one or two HDDs + SSDs and an NZXT style drive cage is really great. I agree with the controller, it can be built in if it support many fans.

I don't think fractal will release a new midi this year, case manufacturers work on at least a 2 year, quite often even longer update cycle, although the swedes are quicker to update than most. I would expect to see something at CES 2015 at the earliest I reckon. But I might be wrong on that. Maybe Linus could ask Josh :P, but I do agree on the need for 360mm rads in the top without modding required, and the sooner the update the better, especially with a white version.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Yeah, I know, so there things are quite sure in R3. More USB3 on the front will be great for many people, no offense but nobody cares if you don't use them. About the cages - many people have just one or two HDDs + SSDs and an NZXT style drive cage is really great. I agree with the controller, it can be built in if it support many fans.

None taken but just out of interest what do you use that many usb ports for? I use 2 on my motherboard with my mouse and keyboard then occasionaly use a pen drive or external disc drive every now and then.

I'll admit the drive cages would be nicer if they were like nzxt on second thoughts because if I could just have one at the bottom then I'd whack a few tb hard drive in it.

With fractals history I think when/if they bring out an R3 it will be great.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1