AnotherTechGuy

6 members have voted

1. 1. ..

If you wanted only Apple users to reply you posted in the wrong place inb4 Apple hate honestly I don't own the iPhone 5S but I have tried it out and used it for a bit in my tiny experience I found the scanner did not effect the phones use.

I have an iPhone 4s myself and have tried the 5s's finger print scanner, it sometimes works but I was better off with just regular unlocking the phone.

And by the way you could make a topic on Macrumors for example and see what you'll get answered.

The fingerprint scanner is far and away one of my favorite features to be added to a phone in years. Seemed like a gimmick until I realized it works every single time. The only times I find it doesn't work are if my fingers are wet. But if you click the home button to unlock your phone, you actually get to the homescreen way faster than if you had no password and swiped left after clicking the lock button. 

Touch ID works surprisingly well for me, I've only assigned 3 fingers to it- R thumb, L thumb, and R Ring finger. Most of the time when I pull it out of my right pocket, I would press the home button as I am pulling it out and by the time my phone is facing me, it's already unlocked.