Laptop boots into a Black Screen

XAshKetchumX

I wanted to repaste my CPU and GPU on my Asus G75VX. So I took apart my laptop and repasted the GPU and then put it back (because one of the screws on the CPU apparently got stripped.) I made sure I got every ribbon connected to the motherboard of the laptop (because it was a pain in the ass to take out 20+ screws just to get to the motherboard,) So I turned on my laptop and that's when things got strange. I don't know if any of you out there owns a Asus ROG laptop but if you do, remember how when you turn on the laptop and it makes that noise that's coming from the DVD Drive? When I turned it on, it doesn't make the sound. Second, my laptop gets powered on but it doesn't even load the bios and start Windows, it's just a black screen. Then 30 seconds later after turning it on, my fans starts spinning fast and then stop for a second and spins fast again over and over again.

Here's a video I recorded showing the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSIxCziF3zU

Please help me, I can't afford to lose all of the data on my hard drive and losing a laptop that's incredibly expensive.  :(

sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text 

Have you tried plugging it into a external monitor?

Have you tried plugging it into a external monitor?

I did but it looks like my monitor won't display anything. It's like if it's turned off even though it's plugged into the wall and hooked up to my laptop.

sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text sample text 

I did but it looks like my monitor won't display anything. It's like if it's turned off even though it's plugged into the wall and hooked up to my laptop.

This next question might seem dumb. My laptop has a button that turns off all display functionality when pressed. I myself have accidentally pressed it a few times and the first time I could not figure out what the problem was. Does your laptop have any buttons like tha? Mine is on a function key. 

This next question might seem dumb. My laptop has a button that turns off all display functionality when pressed. I myself have accidentally pressed it a few times and the first time I could not figure out what the problem was. Does your laptop have any buttons like tha? Mine is on a function key. 

It does. It's FN+F7. Even then, I'm not sure if the laptop is even doing anything if both displays aren't showing any signs of booting to Windows. Plus I can't doing anything much with my keyboard if it hasn't booted into Windows.

Try using an image of linux on a USB key or DVD and see if it boots into that, that will narrow down the possibility of windows being fried.

Edit.. I am an idiot...

Take apart the laptop again. go through EVERY connection. EVERY screw. and make sure that it is perfect.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Try using an image of linux on a USB key or DVD and see if it boots into that, that will narrow down the possibility of windows being fried.

Edit.. I am an idiot...

Take apart the laptop again. go through EVERY connection. EVERY screw. and make sure that it is perfect.

Ok sure will. It'll take a while.

Edit.. I am an idiot...

lol when I first saw the post I was taken aback. :P

Ok sure will. It'll take a while.

Also watch out for dust.

lol when I first saw the post I was taken aback. :P

I don't understand what you said :/

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

I don't understand what you said :/

When I first saw your post it contused me. Being taken aback means to be confused my somehting or to make someone think twice.

When I first saw your post it contused me. Being taken aback means to be confused my somehting or to make someone think twice.

ahh haha I read really quickly haha

I literally checked everything. Took me a while but I made sure everything is connected. Now it had the same result. But after I hold the power button down to shut down my laptop, (I took out the battery before) the laptop shuts itself off after 5 seconds. Now I have no clue what the hell is going on anymore. Keep in mind I didn't do anything with the CPU and only the GPU. I have no clue what the issue is here. I'm out of options.

Your mobo is fried. Sorry. :(

Try clearing the cmos & starting it up again (do reseat the ram & the connectors if you can) probably you tugged loose the ribbon that is attached to the screen itself.in that case you need to give it to the pro repair guys to find & fix the fault,

Details separate people.

Try clearing the cmos & starting it up again (do reseat the ram & the connectors if you can) probably you tugged loose the ribbon that is attached to the screen itself.in that case you need to give it to the pro repair guys to find & fix the fault,

he tore the laptop apart twice to check the ribbons.

i believe you damaged something on the mobo when you tear it apart

a missing cap or anything that fell off = dead mobo

sorry bro

looks like your laptop need to be sent in for repairs

and will be costly since you open the laptop at your own risk 

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Sounds like the issue hp had a while back where the graphics chip would desolder itself.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

How do I clear the cmos exactly?

How do I clear the cmos exactly?

remove the battery completely leave it for 5 mins

press the power button to flush the mobo

plug in the battery

and power on

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

remove the battery completely leave it for 5 mins

press the power button to flush the mobo

plug in the battery

and power on

Dang, that didn't work. Guess I have to send my laptop in for repair then  :(

But thank you and all of you for taking your time to help me  :)

Dang, that didn't work. Guess I have to send my laptop in for repair then  :(

But thank you and all of you for taking your time to help me  :)

Sorry I couldnt help more. :(

Ya, if all connections are correct, and you keep getting a black screen, then motherboard is most likely dead... :(

Where did you take it apart, wood table, on carpet? And did you use an anti-static strap? 

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Ya, if all connections are correct, and you keep getting a black screen, then motherboard is most likely dead... :(

Where did you take it apart, wood table, on carpet? And did you use an anti-static strap? 

It was doing the same thing before he took it apart.

It was doing the same thing before he took it apart.

Oh I see.

Well then that's odd. Still a fried motherboard though.

Thought it was working before.

LinusGGtips

Build It. Mod It. Customize It.

Oh I see.

Well then that's odd. Still a fried motherboard though.

Thought it was working before.

The same thing happened to me a year ago.